Chapter 9

"I'd presume something happened with that time travel shit he was saying"

The whole of Paris was alive. People from all over the world had come to celebrate this historical day. Ella was impressed, she'd never seen this city as colorful as it was right then. Sure, she'd go there from time to time for a break from her monotonous routine and visit her favorite spots while drinking her favorite wine, but she has never seen this city so bright and filled with cries of utter joy. It was refreshing, to say the least.

She watched from the window of their car at all the smiling faces of the people as they passed them, a smile gracing her lips just by seeing all these people being happy. But the feeling of joy didn't last long as her mind started making different scenarios of their mission going completely wrong.

For starters, they didn't even have a plan. They would just go in there and God knows what will happen after. Her main concern was Erik. She had lost her trust in him and she knew from past experiences that he would do something extreme. She had a feeling that this was going to be the case too.

But she was also doubting the fact that Raven would listen to them, she was too stubborn, and being in the presence of Erik for so long was sure to have changed her reasoning. They weren't going to deal with their Raven and Ella knew that, she wasn't so sure for Charles though.

Driving to the back of the building where their entrance was located, the mutants faced the guards monitoring everyone that got in and out. Noticing the foreigners in the car, they tried to stop them but Erik was quicker as he threw a metal door at them. The redhead snapped out of her negative thinking, turning to look at the knocked-out policemen that were lying on the stone-cold floor.

"What the hell, Erik!" she exclaimed.

"They were on the way"

"I could've done it more gently"

"There's no time for this," he said, ending this conversation and got out of the car.

Grumbling under her breath, Ella too exited the car and followed him hurriedly inside the building. He was right, they didn't have time for this.

֎֎֎֎

The group burst inside the small conference room only to see Raven pointing a gun at Trask, a look devoid of emotion and eyes filled with the intent to kill.

"Raven no!" Ella shouted, making the said mutant look at her and forget for a moment what she was going to do. Founding this as an opportunity, the officer that was previously on the floor shot the shapeshifter with his taser, making Raven drop on the table and convulse rapidly.

"Raven!" Charles shouted and hurried by her side as Erik removed the electric gun and placed it on the one who shot her "We've come for you Erik and I along with Ella..."