Chapter 4

"Marvellous"

"Marvellous"

The next day, the three siblings, now accompanied by Erik too, went to the Covert CIA Research base. They all exited the car and made their way towards the large building.

"Welcome to my facility" said Mike after a moment "my mission has been to investigate the application of Paranormal powers in military defense"

Erik scoffed and turned to look towards the agent "Or offense"

"This guy Shaw, Schmidt, whatever you want to call him, he's working with the Russians. We might need your help to stop him" Mike continued as if he hadn't heard Erik.

"Marvelous" Ella mocked, her British accent surfacing.

"Pardon her," Charles said while giving his twin a warning look "So, we're to be the CIA's new mutant division, yes?"

"Something like that."

҉ ҉ ҉ ҉ ҉

At the end of the tour, Mike showed them the lab where a state-of-the-art airplane model was hanging from the ceiling.

"Wow, that is technology at its finest" Ella mumbled to herself amazed from what she was seeing.

"It's supersonic. The most advanced plane ever built" the group turned to look at the boy in the white lab coat walking towards them "You should see it in real life, it's incredible"

"Hank, these are the special new recruits I was telling you about" Mike gestured to the group and then at Hank "this is Hank Mccoy, one of our most talented young researchers"

Charles seemed thrilled to see another mutant and Ella wasn't surprised when she felt it too, he walked eagerly towards him extending his hand for a handshake "How wonderful! Another mutant already here, why didn't you say?"

"Say what?" the agent asked confused.

The red head seemed to catch what was going on and placed one hand at her face before shaking it disappointedly making Erik who was standing next to her look at her confused before understanding too "Because he didn't know, Charlie!"

The telepath looked back at the boy with an apologetic look on his face "I'm so, so terribly sorry"

"Hank?"

"You didn't ask so I didn't tell" Hank told him while looking at the floor in shame.

"So, your mutation is what? You're super smart?" Raven suddenly asked making her way towards the group.

Ella didn't want to take part in this conversation knowing already what his gifts were, having read his DNA mutation. It wasn't a hard thing to do for someone with her powers and having Charles as a brother made her learn a few things about genetics too. Instead she turned and looked at Erik, the question she was wondering from yesterday coming to the surface again.

"So, why are you after Shaw?" but Erik didn't answer, instead he kept looking at the direction of the group "I mean, if we're gonna work together to take him down I need to know your motivation"

Erik looked at her for a moment before looking back at the group again. "It's personal" Ella nodded slowly and she too turned to look at the new mutant who was now hanging upside down from the airplane model.

"So, you can control metal, huh. That's very cool" the red head said trying to keep the conversation going.

"Yeah, and you can control water I presume?" he asked after a moment.

"Nah, I mean yeah I can do that, but not exactly" Ella told Erik making him look at her, confusion written all over his face. "My mutation allows me to control more than just the water, more precisely the matter itself. You know particles, atoms and all that stuff" she raised her hand and she slowly produced a few droplets of water out of thin air.

"I can basically alter the forms of something, like the air for example" she then proceeded and turned the droplets into ice before covering her hand with the other, when she uncovered it the ice had turned into a small tornado. Ella then fisted her hand and snaped her fingers creating a small flame. "Along with many more things of course" she smiled mysteriously at him making Erik snap out of his dazed state and look at her enchanting green eyes.

"Now, that's cool"

҉ ҉ ҉ ҉ ҉

The following day, Charles and Ella sat at Mike's office. He was telling them that Hank had turned a radar into a transmitter and that it could enhance Charles telepathic powers. The mutant girl seemed interested as she listened carefully at the conversation, this could be the beginning of something extraordinary.

"It could help us find mutants for our division"

"What if they don't want to be found by you?" Erik suddenly spoke up, appearing in front of the door.

"Erik, you decided to stay!" Charles said making Ella look at him curiously but Charles ignored her as he looked at the metal bender.

Erik gave a small smile at Charles before looking back at Mike "If a new species is being discovered, it should be by its own kind. Charles, Ella and I find the mutants, no suits"

But Mike didn't seem to like that idea as he started to protest "First of all that's my machine out there and second of all, and much more importantly, this is Charles' decision. Charles is fine with the CIA being involved, isn't that right?"

Charles looked at Erik and contemplated his options for a second "No, I'm sorry, but I'm with Erik. We will find them alone"

"What if I say no?"

"Then good luck using your machine without my brother"