Chapter 9

"God damn it Charles!"

Early the following morning, the team met outside of Hank's lab with him nowhere to be seen. Instead they met with a note on the door. Gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X--- Hank.

Charles didn't hesitate to open the doors and the group was met with the destroyed lab equipment and furniture that were all over the place. What seemed to be left standing on the room was a large crate on the far back.

"What the hell happened here?" Erik asked, hesitantly following after Charles.

Staying behind along with Raven the red head turned to look at her sister, a concerned look adorning her beautiful face. Yesterday, Charles told her that the shapeshifter had a problem with her looks lately. He also said that Hank had the same one and that he found a cure about that, apparently Raven didn't take it but that doesn't explain why the lab was in that mess.

Raven turned to look at the girl who she thought of as a sister and shook her head signaling her that she didn't know the answer of what she was silently asking her. Moving too, the two girls stopped infront of the crate looking down at its contents.

The Xavier girl whistled, liking what she was seeing "Hank has been busy!"

"Do we really have to wear these?" Alex questioned with a hesitant look on his face.

"As none of us is mutated to endure extreme g-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up" the telepath said and closed the box.

҉ ҉ ҉ ҉ ҉

Standing infront of the jet at the airbase, the group had matching awed expressions as they starred at the machine in front of them while waiting for Hank to appear.

"Where's Hank" Raven asked concerned about her friend, gaining the attention of the others. Ella furrowed her brows while trying to think where he could possibly be.

"I'm here" Hank's voice suddenly was heard as the group turned to look at the figure coming towards them.

"Hank?" Charles asked unsured.

Emerging from the shadows, the said mutant revealed his altered form to his team. He had become a little bit bigger and puffer, barely fitting in his suit but that wasn't his most noticeable change. Hank had turned blue and also grown a lot of fur all over his body making him look like a giant teddy bear as Ella would like to say but refrained doing so, clearly seeing the awkward situation he was in.

"It didn't attack the cells," he said while lowering his head ashamed "It enhanced them. It didn't work"

"Yes it did, Hank" Raven suddenly exclaimed "Don't you see? This is who you are meant to be" he walked up to her "This is you, no more hiding" she said and caressed his cheek.

"Never looked better man" Erik told him and smacked his arm. Hank suddenly grabbed him from the neck and started choking him while growling.

"Hank!"