1 - New Worlds

"It really is beautiful isn't it?" 

Fischer turned his head to see Ko staring at the row of houses in front of them, each one decorated in brilliant Christmas lights. The aura they gave off was almost magical. Thousands of tiny lights dancing in the night, lighting up the street like a bonfire. He shifted slightly, moving himself a little closer to Ko. 

She went along with his movements and rested her head on his shoulders. The pair sat there at the edge of the tree line, hidden away from the people that were roaming the streets, gazing at the wall of colour in front of them. 

"It is. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. Thankyou so much," she quipped. 

"Don't mention it. I. . . I've never really had anyone to share it with before. And You've done so much for me, I just had to give something back. I couldn't think of a better person to share it with honestly."

Ko let out a slight hum, followed by a small chuckle, "Thankyou. I just can't get over how pretty it all is though," she swooned. 

In the moment Fischer could've sworn he felt something touch his hand. Looking down to his right he saw Ko's hand had wrapped around his own and was holding it in a gentle grasp. His eyebrows raised up slightly and his heart started to beat a little faster. 

She's holding my hand. . . He thought to himself. Seeing as how the mood was set and the atmosphere seemed right, he decided that he would take this opportunity. He'd likely never get it again.

"Yea. . . yea they are really beautiful. Probably the second most beautiful thing I've ever seen honestly," he stated in a very 'as-a-matter-of-factly' tone. 

"Oh? What would be the first? From what you've shown me Earth has some really pretty locations. Those Northern Lights especially looked very pretty," she responded.

Fischer chuckled at her obliviousness. It was one of the reasons she was so lovable. She had the energy of a child, but without the annoying parts. She was always so bubbly around him, always turning the darkest clouds into rainbows.

"No no. Close but no."

Still lying on his shoulder, she shifted her head to look up at him.

"Oh. What is then?"

He lovingly rubbed her fingers gently with his thumb and turned his head towards her eyes.

"You."

He could've sworn he saw her cheeks blush a slight shade of pink. But he could be wrong. He was too busy staring into her gorgeous eyes and marvelling at her angelic smile. Everything around them seemed to slow down, as if time itself was giving the two of them a moment  together. 

Ko gasped slightly at his response, her lower jaw starting to tremble slightly. But there were no tears this time. Her eyes glowed like two beautiful planets in an ocean of darkness. They warmed his heart like a candle and cut a path through any doubt he had about taking her here before. 

He let any control he had flow out from his body, Ko doing the same. Nothing else mattered anymore. It was just the two of them, that was all that existed anymore. The smiles faded from both their faces as they stared into each other's eyes. Ko lifted her head from his shoulder, keeping her gaze on his.

Fischer gently raised his hand, and Ko took it in her own. He placed in on her cheek and she leaned into it slightly. Both their heads grew closer and closer. They both closed their eyes and prepared for their mouths to connect when-"

"Fischer!?" 

Everything suddenly went black. The only thing he could hear was Ko's faded voice calling out to him.

He started to regain consciousness, the sounds around him becoming clearer. Eventually he managed to pry open his eyes and found himself staring into the eyes of a familiar face.

"Fischer? You alright?"

He looked up to see Ko's big blue eyes staring down at him with worry all over them. Sitting up slowly and rubbing his head, he gave her a slight nod.

"Yea. . . yea I'm fine. . ." he stuttered, clenching his eyes.

"Are. . . you sure?" Ko replied.

"Yea, yea. Just had a dream is a-" His words were caught on his tongue as their new location made itself known. 

"Woah. . ." he sputtered, gazing around. It seemed to be the middle of the night. There was no sun in the sky and it was almost pitch black. Looking behind them he spotted what looked to be two full moons hanging in the sky.

"We're definitely not on Earth anymore," he whimpered. 

They seemed to have landed on some sort of atoll. They sat on a lush green patch of grass while not too far away from them lay the beaches of the island. Gazing out into the distance the pair noticed enormous towers that shot into the sky. They were covered in lights and appeared to mark the presence of some sort of city.

"Alright, where the hell are we?" Fischer exclaimed, gazing around.

"I don't know. . . I've never seen anything like this before."

In their moment of confusion Fischer found himself looking back over at Ko. Her eyes were glowing like a ball of fireflies and he couldn't help but stare directly into them. They were almost mesmerizing. 

Ko noticed his gaze shift to her, "Is. . . everything ok?" she asked. Fischer snapped himself back into reality and nodded his head quickly. 

He shifted onto his knees then steadily rose to his feet, his balance a bit a skewed due to the everglow ride. Then he noticed something. He felt slightly lighter than he did on Earth.

"There must be less gravity here. Wherever here is," he said, thinking out loud.

"What's gravity?" Ko asked.

"Uhh, it's the reason you're on the ground and not floating into space. Look now really isn't the best  time to explain it. We gotta figure out what happens next."

The pair stood in the patch of grass for a few more seconds, taking in everything around them.

"Fucking hell," Fischer chuckled, letting out a huge sigh of what sounded like frustration afterwards. Ko turned to look at him, her horns facing down. 

"Sorry, I'm just. . . well a month ago I didn't ever believe in aliens. Now I'm standing on a different planet. This. . . this is going to take some getting used to."

"It's. . . it's ok. Don't be scared. . . I mean I survived on an alien planet as well," Ko chimed, trying to sound reassuring. Fischer looked over at her and let out a small chuckle. 

"Yea, I guess you're right."

She shone a small smile in his direction. 

"Well. . . what now?" She asked.

"Well, we don't really have many options. But over there, that looks like a city," he explained, pointing a finger in the direction of the towers. "I think that's our best bet. Cities usually mean life. Especially cities with lights on. If we head that way we might be able to find out where exactly we landed." 

Ko didn't let the small gulp he took go unnoticed. Looking down at her own hands, she saw they were trembling slightly. This was something new. They were both fish out of water now. She found herself thinking back to when they were sitting by the campfire together. How Fischer said that they'd always be together, that he'd never leave her. Those words were comforting, mainly because she knew them to be true.

There was no turning back now.