30 - Negotiations

"You've got ten seconds to get the fuck out of my sight before I throw you off another one of my ships."

The creature stomped towards Spatch with clenched fists and a bad temper. Upon seeing his anger everyone aside from Spatch took a few steps back as he approached. 

With the enormous alien bearing down over the top of them Fischer was able to get a good look at his eyes. They were a strange combination of threatening and pretty. His irises were a golden orange with little flakes of green and aqua sprinkled in. Unlike every creature he'd come across so far, Tonner's pupils were diamonds instead of the usual circles or ellipses. A huge scar ran down his the left side of his face and continued into his eye. His iris was also slightly scarred as well.

"A hello would've been nicer but ok." Spatch shrugged his shoulders.

"No, you don't get a hello from me. You don't get anything. Why the fuck are you here?" The griflock roared. 

Spatch's shoulders shrugged and he let out a frustrated sigh. "Look, I'll cut to the chase. We need your help."

"Oh. You need my help do you? That's nice. That's real nice. You need my help. Like how I needed your help during that mission? Like how these three need your help huh? Is that why they're here? Because you're just so kind hearted and nice that you'd just take them to the middle of an Arbight Syndicate station because you want to help them? That why you brought the carcan here? I'll bet you didn't even tell her there were tyreptoids here did you? Probably never even crossed your mind, huh?" Tonner scolded, pointing at Quin.

"No. . . he didn't," she stated as she fixed her agitated gaze on the veranah. 

Tonner folded his arms and scowled. "Exactly. Why am I not surprised? You haven't changed a single bit since I last saw you. Always focused on yourself. Get the fuck off my ship."

Spatch sat through his temper with clenched teeth and a drooped brow. Now was not the time for this.

"First of all, as a matter of fact, yes, I am here to help them. Secondly, this isn't about me. It's about her." He pointed to a shivering Ko. 

"It's about the zapher is it? Well I'm sorry but you need to find someone else. Because Spatch, you aren't even worth my spit. I'm not doing anything that comes even close to concerning you." he fumed. 

"Ok! You hate me, I get that! I think we all do, you've made that abundantly clear! Now will you shut the hell up and let me speak? You can throw me out all you like, this is about her. I'm here for her, not you. Believe me, I don't want to be in this shit hole any longer than you do want me to. But we're desperate ok? I wouldn't be here if it wasn't important."

"I said fuck off. Do I need to make myself even clearer for your dense skull?"

"Tonner! Will you listen to me for once in your life!? Stop thinking about yourself for a change and do something for someone who needs help!? Look at her! She's terrified. What would Beck say if he saw you like this?"

With the speed of a lightning bolt, Tonner whipped around and jabbed a pointed finger in Spatch's face.

"Don't. You. Dare. Say his name in front of me."

"You weren't the only one who lost a friend that day Tonner," he stated, folding his arms. "I cared about him as well. He was like a brother to me the same way you were."

"We are not brothers anymore. Not even close."

"I'm well aware of that fact. But I refuse to sit here and argue with a wall while one of my friends breaks down in front of me. For once in your life will you use your peripheral vision? Stop putting yourself at the centre of the universe and look around you. You are not the most important person to anyone. Stop acting like a brick wall and and have a look at the people who could use your help."