41 - Zealot

The following chapter contains scenes of sexual assault and may be rather confronting for some readers. Viewer discretion is advised.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Ko... I know I just hit my head... but I can't be the only one who's seeing that, right?"

Quin rubbed the back of her neck in confusion as they both gazed up at the shield. On it sat a symbol that bared an uncanny resemblance to a zaphermonarian.

The bottom of the symbol was pointed down like a triangle, mimicking a jaw. The eyes were two half ovals that were slightly diagonal that sat halfway up the face. A small thin rectangle jutted out from the top of the symbol, imitating a zapher's dorsal fin. On the top of the head on either side sat two long arch shapes; the zapher's fins. The one on the left side of the face was broken.

"Is... is that..." Ko quivered, almost speechless at what she was seeing.

"Well if it isn't our resident skydivers!" A voice called out from behind them.

The two whipped around to see Fischer, Spatch and Tonner walking up behind them.

"Fischer!" Ko cried out, breaking into a sprint. She ran up to him and instantly gave him a huge bear hug which he reciprocated.

"Hey! Oh thank god you two are al...right..." His eyes widened as he saw Quin.

"Holy shit Quin are you ok? What happened?" he asked with concern, running over to her.

"Hey there. Boy are you lot a sight for sore eyes," she jested.

"Likewise. But you look like hell, what happened?"

"Oh, just dropped a cave on my head, you know how it is," she laughed.

The three boys stood there, all of them with confused expressions on their faces.

"I don't even think I wanna know what that means. Anyway sorry we took so long. Had to show an oversized slug what for," Spatch explained.

Quin chuckled a little. "Yea, same."

"Wait... you guys fought one of those huge white bug things as well?" Fischer queried, a slight hint of concern on his tongue.

"Yup. Thank the angels she was with me. Otherwise I'd be mince meat right about now," Quin stated.

"You saved her?" Fischer asked, a smile on his face as he turned to Ko.

"Well, I'm honestly not really sure what happe-"

"She absolutely did," Quin said, cutting her off.

Fischer chuckled again, his eyes lighting up as he rubbed Ko's shoulder playfully.

"That's twice now."

She looked at him with confusion.

"Twice what?"

"Twice you've saved one of us."

"Oh, you're counting now?"

"Hell yea I am," he laughed.

Tonner stepped in, revolver in hand and a stern look on his face.

"If you lot are done with the reunion, back to business. Why are we here?"

Before any of them could move, another rumble shook the ground. Dust began falling from the ceiling and small rocks all around the walls began to bounce. The steel armour and weapons littering the ground began clattering and shaking, the sound echoing through the stone room.