21 | dora milaje

CHAPTER 21,

DORA MILAJE

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE SMALL GROUP have returned back to their building after everything that had went down, deciding to call it a day for now. The friends had to escort Keela and Zemo through the streets due to the fact that they were barely awake from their unconsciousness. The brunette could've fought him if she wasn't taken so off-guard and fuelled with irritation from their little arguement, finding him a coward for doing that action while her back was turned away from him. Bucky wasn't happy either to say the least to the point where Sam had to hold him back from beating John Walker up — "I warned you not to touch my girl." he had snapped at the time.

Keela currently sits at a stool in the kitchen with a glass of alcohol placed in front of her on the counter, wanting to drown her troubles away despite the fact that she can't get drunk due to the serum. Zemo is laying on the couch nearby with a cold compress on his head to soothe the headache caused being unconscious, Sam monitoring beside him. She awoke several minutes before him and was able to recover fairly quickly.

"Were you ever offered the serum?" Zemo suddenly asks.

"No." Sam replies.

"If you hypothetically had been, would you have taken it?" Zemo continues.

"No." Sam repeats.

"No hesitation. That's impressive." Zemo comments, nodding in approval. "You can't hold out hope in Karli. No matter what you saw in her, she's gone. And we cannot allow that she and her acolytes become yet another faction of gods amongst real people. Super-soldiers cannot be allowed to exist."

"If that's how you feel, what about Keela and Bucky?" Sam asks.

A response isn't given to his question, Zemo only pulling the wet rag off of his head. Sam then glances over to where the brunette just sits quietly in the kitchen. She appears to be zoned out in a deep thought as her fingers subconsciously circle around the rim of the alcohol glass, meaning that she had not being paying attention to the conversation.

The sound of a door opening is then heard which causes all three of them to collectively look up towards the direction it came from. Bucky can be seen entering the room where he pulls his jacket off to reveal the tight black shirt he's wearing, it being a short sleeve so that it shows off his metal arm too. Keela's eyes only widen slightly at the sight of his muscles peaking through underneath it and drops her gaze back down to the glass.

Bucky rummages through the cupboard and pulls out his own glass cup before walking over to where Keela sits. His chest presses against her back slightly as he carefully leans over her body and grabs ahold the bottle of alcohol, pouring himself a glass. It doesn't slip past the brunette that the veins on his flesh arm is visible upon his muscles, as well as the black watch that rests around his wrist. She won't deny that he looks attractive, but she's always viewed him as that.