- twenty two

"So let me get this straight

"So let me get this straight...You gave Alice the orb because you knew she would eventually get detained?"

The Cheshire cat nodded and winked at the group of teens that talked to him through the mirror.

"Exactly, see I told you my daughter is smart."

Trix gave Lizzy a look and the girl shrugged her shoulders as to say she had nothing to do with it.

"But everything's in its place now so what's done is done."

Ty scoffed at his father, "Trix nearly died."

"What?!" Carlos exclaimed, not remembering that in the story the girl had told him.

Trix rolled her eyes, "Stop saying that Ty, you just want some special treatment."

"Is that so bad?"

"That's my boy!"

"What'll happen to my mom?"

The Cheshire cat peered behind them all at Peter who had been biting his nails, nervously awaiting the news about his mother's punishment.

"Well, Peter Glass, your mother will be doing hard labor of course."

Both Carlos and Peter's eyes widened as the Queen of Hearts came into view, "In my gardens she'll be under my control, that is of course until my Lizzy comes home to take her seat upon the throne."

"Spades mother I'm only so young." Lizzy blushed.

"But she won't be harmed? No off with her head?"

The Queens erupted in laugher, the Cheshire cat spit out his tea and the twins held back their laughs at Peter's odd response.

"Heavens boy you haven't any bit of wonder in you."

Peter sighed and held his hands to his face in embarrassment.

"Well, any tea I do hope the three of you make it back soon we miss you dearly."

"I don't."

"We love you too father."

"Yeah yeah."

With his last words the portal closed and Carlos still didn't understand how Trix and Ty put up with the man.