Previously

Yuto had died at birth, but he was then given a second chance along with a swarm of other human/angel hybrids to acquire their dream job as if they were alive on Earth. There were two main categories before deciding on a job: staying in Heaven to focus on either an assistant/teaching degree or going to Earth to help make the world a better place.

Yuto had chosen his job to be a Warrior, which he had dreamt of becoming. He was the only angel/human hybrid to choose the subject throughout James' teaching career. However, due to Yuto's lack of choices and misunderstandings whilst completing his subject selections, he also became a Cupid – he loathed it down to his core. He and his stepsister Aki travelled their way down towards Earth, but since Yuto didn't care for his flight lessons, he ended up plummeting into an infested lake.

This was where he met Greg, who was conveniently passing by and decided to ignore his own morals and help the poor male. One of his uninvited roommates, John, had let Yuto stay, Greg having no say in the matter. They arrived at the apartment a couple of minutes later and was met with the other uninvited roommate, Bri.

As time passed, Yuto and Greg had started to get closer in many ways – no matter what was considered 'weird' or 'sudden' between the pair. Overtime, Greg had started to enjoy the others' presence, questioning if his morals were actually right. In between their bonding experiences, Greg and Yuto were completing their assigned jobs with frowns on their faces, as they hated it.

Yuto got into some troubling situations because of his lack of interest and experience with his Cupid job. One of them had led to an innocent civilian, Allan, developing Negative Emotions and committing suicide right in front of Yuto. Yuto felt like it was his fault and blamed himself for it.

After he witnessed the death – and casually gained trauma from it – he ran home from the police cars gaining on him early next morning, quickly making it back with wounds scattered all over his skin. The news exaggerated the scene, now marking Yuto as a murderer – not that they knew since they hadn't seen his face in the surveillance – Greg experienced a bundle of emotions, mostly consisting of fury, betrayal, and confusion. He was lashing and threatening Yuto to inform him what was going on, and in a fight or flight response, Yuto had chosen flight. He couldn't let Greg find out about himself this way.

Right after, Greg had conveniently gotten fired from his job, all because the boss' son Bill, lied to him explaining how Greg was a nuisance, not admitting to all the permanent pain he had caused and imprinted onto him. Greg noticed Yuto had accidentally left Snab behind, so he used it to his advantage to try and find him, packing all his belongings and told his final farewells to John.

After a couple of days of wondering around – and Yuto once again fucking up one of his Cupid jobs, getting Aki involved – Yuto had finally found the Negative Emotion and went to fight it. Greg and Snab found him, but at a very awkward time, as Yuto had angel wings, and a halo summoned upon his crown. This only left Greg with more questions about the male.

After the monster was defeated, Yuto finally told the truth about himself, and Greg fully understood his perspective and supported him. After that, they were finally able to take a trip down the lake together, Greg only now realising why he felt so comfortable around Yuto. He had fallen head over heels for him.

Now Yuto was assigned another Warrior job in New Zealand, and Greg accompanied him since he had lost everything else in Australia.