Chapter 8

Greg had awoken once again from the dreadful, continuous nightmare replaying on Greg's restful nights. He got off Yuto, sat on the side of the couch and took a deep breath in. He was glad he wasn't suffocating and feeling the verge of death anymore. He rubbed the dread from his face and got up, heading towards the bathroom. He reached for the hamper full of mud clothes and threw them in the washing machine, placing a cleansing pod on top, then made the machine roar in its awakening. It was only after he completed the simple chore where the thought of his nightmare appeared again. Greg sighed stressfully, he'll have to pull through and figure out how to get rid of this shit head of a voice.

"I heard that, you know?"

"Oh no. What a shame." Greg sarcastically replied, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

He hated how he had little to no privacy in his own thoughts. He felt like he had to hold back. He shouldn't need to do that.

"Morning, Greg." Yuto greeted with a dozy smile, walking towards him.

'How is it that we're able to wake up at almost the same time?'

"Maybe it's cause you're meant for each other~. Remember, don't get too attached." The voice mocked, but then reminded Greg of their conversation before.

"Fuck off." Greg replied to the voice.

"Sorry?" Yuto questioned the sudden curse.

'Fuck me. I spoke out loud again, because of you.' Greg spat at the voice, hoping to any god he didn't look suspicious.

"Sorry. I'm just stressed." Greg apologised as he rubbed his temples.

"Stressed about what? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm just stressed about life and the future." Greg replied.

'Or if I'll die from complete insanity because of some stupid voice and fire stuck in my head.' Greg joked, as he sighed.

"It is not just fire. He's actually-"

'I don't care.' Greg cut the voice off.

"Suit yourself."

"It's the fact that I don't know what might come in the future. My life has drastically changed, I don't know what to expect. What if my decisions now lead up to something bad later? I'm just so use to following a set structure and knowing what will happen next." Greg strained.

"Hey, It's going to be okay. It's not bad to not know what might happen in the future. As long as we have each other, we can overcome anything." Yuto smiled, placing his palms onto the others' shoulders for reassurance.

Greg inhaled. The voice was wrong, Yuto was not going to leave him any time soon. 'Thank fuck.'

"Lies exist too, y'know?"

"I'm h-" Greg cut himself off, noticing immediately he spoke out loud again. He'll need to learn to stop that habit. 'I'm honestly done with your shit. One day I will rid you for good.'

"Good luck on that." The voice growled, then kept quiet.

"I'm happy I found you at the lake." Greg smiled back, hoping Yuto would assume his mishap from before was a stammer.

"I'm happy that you found me." Yuto replied with his own smile.

However, that smile didn't last long. He frowned, only lasting a second before being covered up by a fake smile. He hoped Greg didn't notice. He did.

"Now it's my turn. Are you okay?" Greg questioned, puzzled if the frown was gestured towards him.

"Of course I am." Yuto tried to reassure and looked over towards the clock, noting that it was currently 11:37pm. "I'll be back."