Chapter 2

Yuto's eyelashes fluttered open, letting his pupils adjust to the blinding yet beautiful rays of the rising sun. He squirmed from Greg's soft grip on him. He unravelled himself from the limbs, deciding to walk around the forest in order warm himself up in preparation for hours of flying. He stretched his arms over his head and heard a satisfied pop, releasing all the stress bundled up in his shoulder. As Yuto was zoning out, he had bumped into someone.

"Oi! watch where ya goin' sis." The male spat out, turning towards Yuto.

"I'm in front of you, dumbass! How could I have bumped- Oh, hello there!" The woman walking just in front of him had now stopped, gazing her attention towards Yuto.

"Hmm? Oh, hi. Sorry, thought you were my stupid sister." He glared at the woman from the last statement.

"Oi!" The woman yelped from his description of her.

"I'm Sam, and this is Belle." The male – now identified as Sam – had introduced his sister and himself.

Sam had a straw hat on, with a red checker shirt that fell over light brown pants, his black boots tying the look together. Belle looked to have a smaller version of Sam's shirt – perhaps a hand-me-down? – but the end of the hem was tied into a knot, then had a dark blue skirt that made its way past her knees, with brown boots to match. Speaking of matching, she had a sunhat on, which consisted of a red ribbon wrapped around the base, ending with a nice, cute bow. The pair seemed to be twins, as they both had blonde hair, pale skin, and light blue eyes, though Sam had faint freckles scattered on his cheeks. They both looked to be farmers that most likely lived nearby. A sudden realisation burst through Yuto's brain.

"Is this your yard? I'm sorry for trespassing." Yuto apologised, mentally slapping himself for staying in the forest like he owned the place.

"Don't worry, this piece of garbage isn't owned by anyone. Not yet anyway." Sam gestured towards the forest, whispering the last statement.

"Oh..."

"I'm sorry for changing the subject, but I love what you're wearing, ma'am. It's so cute!" Belle beamed, her grin stretching the corners of her cheeks.

Words couldn't describe how giddy Yuto felt from that statement.

Ma'am.

"Thanks, I don't remember where I got them from though."

"That's okay!"

Sam leaned over towards Belle, cupped his hand, and whispered into her ear.

"Oi, I think he's a boy."

Yuto heard his useless attempt of whispering.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I said 'Ma'am' didn't I? God..." Belle apologised, not meaning to be rude towards the male.

Yuto's smile faltered, but only for a second.

"That's okay! I don't mind." He replied back, smiling like there was no tomorrow.

Yuto noticed the sun had made its way higher into the sky, signalising that 10 or so minutes had passed.

"Well, it was nice meeting you both, but I have to go now. Bye!" Yuto politely ended the conversation.

He waved his left hand, turned, and started to leave. However, he had heard their conversation from a distance.

"So, they're a boy?" Belle asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay, thank god. I might find him later and ask him out. He was kinda cute."

"It depends on what he wants, as well. We also don't know if he's even a boy or not, we're just eyeing this. If you do find him, don't be disappointed." Sam informed his sister.