5. Some Kind Of Break From the Chaos

I wake up to the sound of the doorknob turning as Ray walks in, cupcake in hand. "Frank brought these home..." he said quietly, stepping over to me. "Thanks," I smile, sitting up and taking the dessert from his hands. "No problem," his eyes drift down to the spot left on my neck, eyes widening slightly.

I frown, pulling my shirt up so my shoulder is covered, along with the mark. "Did he do that?" He asks quietly, I nod slowly, taking a small bite from the cake in my hands. He frowns, looking at the floor, "what if I got you outta here?" He asks, looking into my eyes.

I shake my head slowly, looking to the floor in defeat. "Its pointless, he'll just find me and it'll probably be worse, not to mention what he'd do to you if he found out." I say, breathing out a small chuckle. He sighs, "I suppose you're right..." he trails off.

It's silent for a moment, before I break it, dropping the cupcake wrapper in the can by my nightstand. "What did you mean earlier when you said I was broken? And he needs to take better care of me? And who were 'the others'?" I ask, looking up at him.

He smiles, "right, uh... most vampires have a certain set of skills or powers... there's the ones most vampires have, such as shapeshifting or hypnosis, faster healing, and a good bit of us have super speed." "Shapeshifting?" I ask, intrigued.

"Yeah, like into a bat or other small animals, in Frank's case it's a rat," he pauses to laugh "anything other than a bat is rare..." he trails off, I hum in understanding and he continues. "I have the usual skills, along with a sensitivity to others emotions, I can also manipulate emotions... and memory vision... that's how I know you're broken." He states, "memory vision?" I ask, he nods "I can see-" "I know what it means I'm not that dumb..." I cut him off.

He chuckles, "I wasnt sure," he smiles, obviously joking. "As for the last two questions, he needs to take better care of you cause you've already been through enough... you dont deserve to go through more pain. The others... they're past people he's brought in and... well, sucked dry..." he trails off. I look to the floor "he's gonna kill me..." I whisper.

Ray reaches out, resting a hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry hun..." he says quietly, pulling me into a hug. "I'll talk to him... show him what I saw..." he says quietly as I wrap my arms around him crying into his shoulder. "Thank you Ray," I manage through sobs, "it's not problem, really, I'd rather not see someone die before they've even had the chance to live..." I smile lightly at his words and pull away, wiping the tears from my face.

He stands "I should go, Gerard will have a fuckin heart attack if he sees me here," he chuckles, slowly walking to the door and opening it. He turns to me, and smiles "Night Y/N," he says, before walking out and gently closing the door.

I feel my eyelids grow heavy and allow myself to drift into a peaceful sleep...

Thanks Ray...

~~~~~~559~~~~~~~~~~~~

A lil bit of an informational bonding chapter with Ray...

Stay rad weirdos <3