6. A Trip Down Memory Lane

⚠️WARNINGS⚠️
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS:
•DOMESTIC ABUSE/VIOLENCE
•BLOOD

_______________________________

|Ray|

As I open the door I turn back, smiling at her "Night Y/N..." I say quietly and slowly step out the door, gently closing the door behind me.

Before I can make it far down the hall, I'm shoved against the wall, an arm across my throat, holding me in place. My eyes lock with a pair of red irises as Gerard stands in front of me, well, hovers, he's shorter than me. "What were you doing in there?" He growls out. "Comforting the poor broken soul who you basically sucked the life out of and left to wonder how much longer she was going to survive." I state calmly, his gaze softens for a moment as a flash of guilt appears in his eyes, before quickly turning to stone.

"Dont guiltrip me Toro..." he growls and I shrug, shoving him off of me. "Whatever man, I'm just saying... the poor girl hasn't had a chance to live and none of us, well aside from you cause you're a selfish coldhearted monster, want to see someone like her go through more pain then she already has." I keep myself calm as his eyes widen slightly, turning back to his usual hazel tone. "You looked into her memories," he breathes "what did you see?" He asks, curiosity now visible behind his eyes.

I sigh, rolling my eyes and take a deep breath, showing him everything I've seen.

⚠️⚠️⚠️

~Four Years Old~

A little girl cowers in her closet, hands over her ears as screaming and objects being thrown or shattered fill the house. It grows silent and the carefully moves her hands from her ears, wiping at the tears that stain her cheeks.

She stands, slowly opening the closet and stepping out, she steps through her bedroom door, into the living room. "Mommy?" She calls, only to receive no answer "Daddy?" She receives the same outcome...

As she steps into the kitchen, she sees them both passed out on the floor.

~13 Years, close to her 14th birthday~

She watched intently as her pregnant mother paces around the floor, she drops, screaming in pain. "Dad!" The girl calls, only to be answered with a glass bottle that almost smacks her in the head, instead shattering against the wall behind her. She quickly reaches into her mother's pocket, pulling her phone out, "hold on momma..." she says quietly.

She dials '911' as quick as possible. "911 what's your-" she cuts the lady off, quickly explaining what's happening.

Soon, the paramedics arrive and the woman is rushed off towards the hospital.

~16 years~

A now teenage girl hides in a crowded closet, holding her two year old twin sisters close to her, trying her best to keep them from the fighting downstairs.

It grows quiet and she sets the small children in the floor, "stay here..." she whispers, making her way out of the closet, gently shutting it behind her. She cautiously steps down each stair making her way far enough down so she can see in the living room.

Her mother lays against the wall, face bloodied, clearly knocked out. She gasps and her fathers head snaps to her, before he starts rushing toward her. She moves to rush up the stairs, but cant move quick enough as he grabs the neck of her shirt, pulling her down. "You wont tell a soul, you little bitch." He states, she nods, tears rushing down her face as he releases her.