22.Kajillionaire

Even though when I first watched this movie I was looking for comedy but it was angsty and depressing with a bit of dark humour nevertheless a great movie

Even though when I first watched this movie I was looking for comedy but it was angsty and depressing with a bit of dark humour nevertheless a great movie. It focuses on Old Dolio and her manipulative con-artist parents. I like the way they portrayed the emotionally abusive parents, they aren't abusive drunks or distant parents who are never there, they are always present in the same space as her yet make her life hell.

They have to be one of the worst parents in cinema, from the moment we meet them till the end of the movie, you just wanna beat the shit out of the. They made me SO fucking angry and I just wanted to hug Old Dolio throughout the movie.

What I didn't expect was this to be one of the most romantic movies I have ever watched, it's not sexy and hot. It's slow, intimate, sensual and just gets your heart beating. You can see the way Melanie is falling in love with Old Dolio while you are falling in love with them. I was crying when they finally kissed at the end cause Old Dolio deserves to be loved by someone like Melanie.

The ending is bittersweet, hopeful, romantic, unique and just perfect really.