73.Girl Picture

Language: Finnish, French

It has been a while since I felt so infuriated by a film. Imagine you are watching a coming of age which genuinely looks good and has a very rare asexual representation and suddenly until almost the end of the movie a few seconds ruin the entire film!! This is what it felt like to me.

I was honestly enjoying the film, the characters had good chemistry, genuine script and natural acting. I thought it was going to be one of the underrated gems that I had the pleasure to watch. But they had to needlessly ruin the queer relationship, now I understand the need to spice up the story with some angst and I would have had no problem with it but for me cheating crosses a very important line.

Cheating had always been a dealbreaker for me especially in cases when I am not even expecting it. Mimmi cheating on Emma right in front her to hurt with a boy she wasn't even interested in!!? I was the one who felt heartbroken. What made me even more angry is that she gets forgiven at the end without even apologizing!!!

At least the asexual storyline was one of the best I have ever seen so if those few scenes had not happened I would have love to watch it again.