75.Almost Adults

I tried REALLY hard to like this movie especially since the lead actresses are the same ones from Carmilla series and I was excited to see them together on screen again but I just couldn't

I tried REALLY hard to like this movie especially since the lead actresses are the same ones from Carmilla series and I was excited to see them together on screen again but I just couldn't. I don't know whether it was the mediocre acting, bad script, annoying characters or all of them but I couldn't enjoy the film.

I was expecting a simple cute film about two best friends entering different phases of life, one with her ex boyfriend and internships and another one coming out as gay. But Mackenzie was so fucking annoying with her anger and frustration at her parents for being kind and supportive of her coming out!!?, expecting her bff to know she was already gay when she was the one who didn't tell her, saying 'are all girls so dramatic?' like you are a girl too!! She was so unlikable.

The script was BAD and unrealistic, everyone is just a walking stereotype and apparently we are supposed to know someone is gay or not based on the clothes they wear. Like femmes don't exist at all. Honestly it has been a while since I watched a sapphic film this hard to watch.

But still if you want to watch this film I will say do it at your own risk.