49.Battle Of Sexes

This is a biopic of one of the greatest tennis players to ever exist, Billie Jean King, who has become of my idols after I watched the film

The movie centers around feminism and how Billie Jean King defeated Bobby Riggs in what was the greatest tennis match ever played and got women tennis players same payment as the male players.

We also get to see Billie's short affair with Marilyn. They both knew it wouldn't last long and the risks they were taking. Marilyn acted more as Billie's sexual awakening for her attraction towards women rather than being an actual lover.

Although Billie was a great tennis player, I would rate her moral ethics as morally gray. The main reason is her cheating on Larry King who despite being a little homophobic in the start was a great and supportive husband and didn't deserve to be cheated on.

My favourite part of the movie was the climax where Billie had the winning shot and I got the great satisfaction of seeing the faces of straight white males who had just got their fragile egos broken.

Despite Billie and Marilyn not staying together, the movie ended on a happy note. What makes it even better is that Billie Jean is now happily married to her wife in real life.