⋆⭒II.⭒⋆

The cool  water hits Calypsos naked body and goosebumps crawl over her tanned skin. Her dark hair, now soaked, sticks to her head and she lets out a content sigh.

After they arrived back at the bands current place of residence, a beautiful old italian villa with vines climbing on the ancient walls, Victoria immediately led her friend the upstairs bathroom and told her to take as much time as she needed.

Eventually the french girl decides to leave the shower and step back out into the beautifully decorated bathroom. She doubts that any of her friends would have the ability to decorate so tastefully.

Quickly she changes into the summer dress she had grabbed from her suitcase before her shower and lets her hair hang loosely over her shoulders, small drops of water staining the back of her colourful dress but she doesn't mind.

Eager to finally catch up with her friends, she throws her clothes and used towels into a pile and jumps down the large, stone staircase that leads to the lower floor of the house.

A beautiful open space, flooded with the light through the huge floor to ceiling windows.

There she is greeted by a shirtless Damiano, juggling with two, unpeeled onions and a stressed out Victoria struggling with the oven.

"Caly", Thomas, who is lounging on a barstool at the kitchen counter, is the first one to spot the freshly showered girl. Now everyone else turns their attention to her and she grins widely, heading over to help Vic with the oven.

Just as they finally figure out how to turn on the stove without burning down the kitchen, Damiano explaining to Calypso that they had just moved into the already furnished house a couple weeks prior to her arrival,Ethan joins the group with a small amount of freshly picked herbs in his hands.

"You sure we can eat this or do you plan on poisoning us?", Calypso asks and points to the green leaves in the drummers hand.

"Pretty sure he still needs us", Damiano laughs and starts chopping the herbs for the boiling pasta sauce.

"Not so sure he still needs her though", Thomas nods his head towards Calypso and she sticks her tounge out at him. "Of course he does, I promised to practice his English with him", she states and playfully wraps her arm around Ethans torso.

He tenses at first but relaxes into her touch a little and mutters "Only if you finally start learning Italian".

"Pane, Pasta, Pizza", Calypso giggles, "Vino, Vodka, Birra", she adds after thinking hard for a little while. "The most important words, I'll ever need to know".

"How did you manage to be Vic's exchange partner back in high school when you barley know any Italian?", Damiano inquires and the two girls of the group exchange amused looks, memories of the past flooding their minds.

"Half of the Italian course had food poisoning, so they asked my German course if we were interested in spending a week in Italy, and in fact we were", Calypso begins.

"The German course was suspected to have poisoned the Italian course by the way", Vic chimes in with a little laugh and Calypso violently shakes her head, curls flying.

"We did no such thing".

Only when Victoria asks Calypso to help her carry the plates out onto the patio, she realises that her right arm is still slung around Ethan.

A small blush creeps on her face but when Vic teasingly asks her about her redded cheeks, she blames it on the heat.

After dinner, when the sun slowly disappears behind the cypress and olive trees leaving the darkening sky to the moon, the young band and their friend are lounging by the pool.

Expensive wine flows into crystal glasses and Calypso can't help but think back to the time, her and Victoria snuck out of her parents house to buy a bottle of the cheapest wine from the grocery store only to get violently sick after drinking it too quickly and throwing up in her neighbours rosebushes.

"Not sure we've told you, but we are on holidays at the moment", Damiano chimes up and shifts around on the low garden lounge he is sharing with Thomas, now facing Calypso.

"That means I have to deal with you guys every minute of the day? Thought you had to practice and write new songs, superstars", she jokes.

Of course she is happy, if Calypso could she would spend every last second of her live with her favourite Italian people.

"Maybe we'll just abandon you somewhere, see how far your Italian actually gets you", Victoria bumps her naked leg against Calypso's and winks at her friend.

"You are mean", the french girl downs the rest of her wine and regrets it in an instant, like the time when Vic and her were younger, the wine immediately goes to her head, she really isn't used to drinking anymore.

It is obvious that her friends are also slowly getting tipsy, Vic dramatically moves closer to her and curls up against her side, apologizing between giggles, promising to only ever abandon her if she'd have no other choice.

Calypso is too tired to ask why the hell her friend would ever need to abandon her, slowly the exhaustion of the day takes over her and her eyes begin to drop.

"Time for bed now, I guess", Damiano yells when he notices that neither Calypso nor Victoria have said a word in the past minutes, while the boys were still engaged in a conversation about nothing too important, half in Italian, half in English.

The girls jolt awake, both giving the oldest the finger before pushing themselves up, heading back into the house and up to their rooms.

Calypso's room is right next to Victorias, at the end of the hallway, she is too tired to brush her teeth or put on her pajamas, calling a loud "Buona notte", out in to the hallway before she collapses on her bed, not even bothering to get under the duvet, she falls asleep to the sound of her friends getting ready for bed.