⋆⭒XIII.⭒⋆

Oh how  badly Calypso would like to pour her heart out the way the sky is pouring down with rain.

After her little conversation with Ethan she just wants to curl up in Vic's bed and wait for her to come back, telling her about the date she had.

Instead a message to the group chat let's Ethan and Calypso know that all three of their friends will stay over in Sara's little flat in the heart of Rome, not being able to get back because of the storm.

Turning up the volume of the TV in the living room, the two remaining friends listen to the Italian reporter talk about the worst thunderstorm in years.

Calypso shivers when she hears thunder rumbling in the distance and pulls her leg up to her chest texting Vic.

Her friend tells her not to worry and asks her about the conversation with Ethan that Calypso briefly summarises for her.

"The roads back to the house are all blocked because a little stream overflowed with the force of water", Ethan translates for Calypso after looking up some of the words on his phone.

"Probably there will be more damage in the morning so we have to see how the others get back, this sucks", he groans and throws his head back in annoyance, running his fingers through his hair.

"I am not a bad person to be stuck with", Calypso tries to lighten the mood especially after their fight in the morning she doesn't want any bad blood between them now.

Maybe her efforts stem from her not wanting to fight with the only person that could distract her from one of her worst nightmares.

the worst thunderstorm in years.

"We'll see about that", Ethan mumbles but there is a smirk on his face, sprawling out his legs across the couch, his feet touch Calypso's tigh.

"What movie would you like to watch?", shifting around to grab the remote control, Calypso is desperate to stop hearing an agitated news reporter talk about crashed cars and fallen trees.

Not being able to chose a movie that both of them would be able to sit through, Ethan tells her to just pick anything she wants while he goes on the hunt for some popcorn and other snacks.

"Is Twilight a good choice or will you have flashbacks from playing Jacob?", Calypso yells and stifles a laugh when she hears him groan from the kitchen.

Just when she is about to announce that she found a movie to watch, thunder crashes right over the house and nearly immediately lighting strikes and douses the house into a scary white light.

Calypso feels herself panic, ever since she was a little girl thunderstorms terrified her.

Even now she still sleeps in her moms bed whenever a storm passes over their town.

To complete the scary atmosphere the TV and lights shut off at the same time, leaving Calypso in the dark living room.

She hears Ethan rummage around in the kitchen but she is too scared to move, like a child she hugs her knees to her chest and tears fall from her eyes.

Hating how scared she gets by something as trivial as a storm, she doesn't dare to make a noise.

A flickering light approaches her from the kitchen, Ethan is holding a tea light in his hand and carefully places it on the small table in front of the TV.

"I'll go looking for more candles in a minute, this is all I could find in the kitchen so far", he points to the little flame and three unlit candles.

He can't see Calypso's face in the dark but he can make out the position she is in.

"Hey, Caly are you okay?", his voice is soft and he kneels down on the floor in front of her spot on the couch.

"I don't like this", she manages to mumble trying to stop her tears from falling, embarrassed.

"You are afraid of the storm", he concludes and Calypso prays that he won't make fun of her for it, not sure she can deal with him laughing at her right now.

"It's okay, we are all scared of something", he soothes and places his large hands on her knees.

"What if something happens to the others?", she mumbles against the fabric of her cotton pants, feeling her thoughts spiral just like they always do when she gets scared, not that that would happen a lot usually Calypso is the one to comfort her friends not the other way around.

But when she gets scared it all seems to happen at once and no rational thought can cross her mind anymore.

"They are in the city, they are safe there", Ethan gets up from his position on the floor and sits down on the couch next to her, grabbing ahold of her hand.

"Don't do this"

Another one of her nervous habits, pressing her fingernails into the sensitive skin of her palm, leaving little halfmoon imprints.

Thunder rumbles yet again and Calypso just wants to clamp her hands over her ears like a child, drowning out the noise.

The tea light flickers when Ethan moves, pulling Calypso closer to him so that she is resting against his chest wrapping his arms around her protectively.

Under normal circumstances she would have tried to wiggle free from his grasp but she is terrified.
When the sun is out she loves the floor length windows but now they show so many swaying trees, the rain drumming against the glass threatening to break in, everything is changed now with the dark and the rain.

"I am sorry for being such a dramatic baby", Calypso nibbles on the inside of her cheek until she tastes the irony taste of her blood and winces at the pain.

"It's okay, like I said we are all afraid of something and there is no need for us to pretend that we are fearless". Ethan's warm breath on her neck causes goosebumps to crawl over her skin.

"You are quite philosophical, maybe you are more of a Professor Dumbledore than Jacob", Calypso teases to chase away the feeling of warmth around her, not sure she can let herself fall.

"I liked it better when you weren't talking, like ten minutes ago", he shoots back with a laugh and Calypso sits up, placing her hands on either side of him their faces only centimeters apart.

"You are mean", she pouts and feels his chest rumble with his laughter.

Guess it can be so easy to be with Ethan, not thinking of him with someone else or yelling at him.

Maybe it just took a scary thunder storm for Calypso to and Ethan to find their ways to each other.