⋆⭒VII.⭒⋆

The party downstairs is still in full swing when Calypso and Ethan both emerge out of her room, her making sure to carefully lock her door again behind her.

Victoria shoots her friends a questioning look when she sees the pair make their way over to her, sitting on a barstool in the crowded kitchen.

Ethan quickly disappears outside, where Calypso can just catch a glimpse of him while he lights a cigarette, talking eagerly to Thomas, before someone steps in front of her and blocks her view.

"What were you two doing? I was calling you!", Vic interrogates her friend with one brow raised to underline her confusion about Calypso's disappearance.

"We just talked Vic, he found me in my room while I was reading and now we are back here", Calypso briefly explains, still keeping the chemistry between her and Ethan a secret.

It feels weird keeping secrets from her best friend but there are no words that could possibly explain the weird feeling in her gut when she thinks of Ethan.

Of course Victoria isn't mad at her, it seems impossible for the two girls to ever get into a fight about anything.

Both of them down a couple shots and the woozy feeling of being tipsy takes over Calypso's body again.

Drunk Calypso is even more talkative than the sober version of herself and Vic laughs at her friends attempt trying to explain something that happened to her back in high school but always getting sidetracked and eventually loosing her thread.

"I need a smoke", Victoria finally manages to shut Calypso up and she drags her outside, past a couple of girls that surround Thomas, begging him to play anything on his guitar even though the music blasting from the speakers is way too loud to hear anything he would play.

Calypso shoots him a grin which he returns with a more or less discreet thumbs up, causing Vic to roll her eyes in amusement.

The garden is even more crowded than it was before Calypso's little break in her bedroom.

People are half-naked jumping in and out of the pool, empty bottles and cups are littered on the ground, just thinking of cleaning up the mess as soon as they are sober enough again makes Calypso groan.

"Baguette", Damiano yells from his position on a garden chair and jumps up, knocking down the chair in the process causing drunk giggles to escape his mouth.

He rushes over to the two girls and engulfs them in a hug, he is sweaty but still manages to smell like Damiano, cigarette smoke and expensive cologne.

"You're Baguette, get it because you are French", he is so proud of the nickname he came up with that Calypso doesn't even think about being offended, instead she pecks his cheek and then pokes his side.

"We saved you a seat", he hooks his arms around the girls waists and leads them through the crowd,swaying a little from the alcohol in his body and Calypso wonders how high her friends alcohol tolerance has to be.

"The temple", Calypso shrieks, excited as if she has now seen the gazebo for the first time.

Vic laughs and gracefully sinks down on the ground, next to the bench where Calypso had spent her first morning here, reading song of Achilles.

Someone had placed some blankets and pillows on the hard ground and Calypso flops down next to Vic, pulling down Damiano with her with him then sprawling his legs over both Calypso's and Victoria's laps.

Ethan appears in the temple with a bottle of wine that he saved from the kitchen and a packet of cigarettes, sitting cross legged next to Vic.

In Calypso's drunk state, she is not able to light her own cigarette, her fingers just don't seem to listen to the commands of her mind.

Seeing her struggle Ethan leans over Victoria ,who is busy typing away on her phone, and reaches for the baby blue lighter in Calypso's hand.

Gratefully she also leans over Vic and places the cigarette between her lips, he cups his hands around the flame and waits for her to light the fag.

For the second time that night their eyes lock, something Calypso avoids so carefully when she is sober but seems to have no control over whenever there is a drop of alcohol in her bloodstream.

"Are you done yet?", Vic chuckles and adds "If you want to fuck each other just go ahead and do it, there are plenty of rooms available".

Ethan lets the flame go out and leans back quickly, Calypso just took a drag from her cigarette and Victorias words cause her to cough wildly.

Damiano halfheartedly pats her back,trying to ease the coughs coming from her.

"Well", Vic laughs when she sees the effect that her words had.

Trying to forget her friends remark and her heavy reaction, Calypso takes a stroll through the garden and finds the two brunette girls that she talked to earlier, both pulling her into a bone crushing hug, as if she had been lost on sea for ages.

"Ballando", they keep repeating and Calypso shrugs, guessing it means coming to dance with her new found friends, nothing can be worse than sitting awkwardly in the temple with Ethan after Vic's careless comment.

Little did she know how true her remark was, how badly Calypso would like to go and fuck him how Vic gracefully put it.

Grinding bodies and groping hands are just the best way for the girl to get her mind off Ethan, fuck him for being on her mind all the time, for making her want to kiss him and run her hands through his dark hair and never let him go again.

When a tall, olive skinned boy can't seem to  keep his hands off her and keeps whispering, definitely dirty, italian words in her ear, she takes the lead and heads up to her room, his hands already undoing the zipper of her dress.