⋆⭒XVII.⭒⋆

Victoria pretends to be angry at Calypso for approximately five seconds before she moves closer to her friend and inspects her newly inked skin, ghosting her fingers over it.

"Our little bookworm got her first tattoo", Thomas gushes with a smirk and Calypso gives him the finger. "Jokes on you, it's a book quote", she counters, knowing that her friends are only teasing but she somehow feels like she needs to defend her love for fictional worlds.

"It's an addiction, once you've started there is no stopping", Damiano points to some of his currently visible tattoos.

"But I am broke, also I'd much rather spend my money on my other addiction", with that Calypso nods to the stack of books, placed on her nightstand.

Currently all five of them are sprawled out on the girls bed, Calypso has her shirt pulled up happily showing off her new tattoo.

"We are planning a little concert thing, small promo for our new songs", Ethan yawns while he talks, it only being nine in the morning and usually all of them sleep way past eleven.

"So you are basically looking for an excuse to throw yet another party", Calypso concludes with a smile.

She doesn't mind, she is a social person loves to talk to new people and of course drink until the world starts to look all funny around her.

"Yep", Vic answers "but a Party with a little more style, no drinking from plastic cups or dancing on tables our management will be there".

So it is decided, the band leaves Calypso to order the food from a local caterer come on Caly it will be a fun challenge for you to practice your Italian.

Practicing their new songs while the only person without any musical talent in the house starts to prepare everything that needs to be done before the guests arrive.

Sometimes Calypso forgets that her friends are famous now and not short on money like her, looking up the label of the expensive brand of wine that sits in the cabinet she cringes at its price. Not sure if she should rather pick out a cheaper version to drink, she eventually closes her eyes and picks three random bottles.

"You are not tired of parties here are you?", Damiano asks sincerely when he meets her in the kitchen for a glass of water during a break from practicing.
"Oh god no, you know me all social butterfly and stuff", she replies with an honest smile "I've just never attended anything fancy, my high school prom was probably the only thing comparable".

"You'll be fine, don't worry once the wine flows everyone is chill", pressing a kiss to her head he waltzes out of the kitchen and back to the rest of the band.

"I can't breathe is that normal?", Calypso complains loudly when Vic pulls at the strings of her corset that is currently hugging Calypsos body.

"We perform in them on stage, you only have to wear it tonight stop being a baby about it", she scolds her with a smile and hits her on the arm when the brunette girl rolls her eyes and sticks her tounge out.

"Bet a certain someone won't be able to leave his eyes off of you", Vic winks while she applies a heavy amount of eyeshadow on Calypso's eyelids and skillfully smudges it with a smaller brush.

"I have to say I was a little jealous that you chose him to get your first tattoo with but I am rooting for you two, so it's okay".

"Vic can we not talk about this now?", Calypso lets out an exhausted sigh, she knows that Victoria only means well but the whole topic confuses her, talking about Ethan makes her whole body feel uneasy and her heart speed up, like a stupid teenage girl crushing on the boy next door.

"I am just saying, you two are prancing around each other and I just hope if one of you stumbles and falls the other will be there to catch them".

Calypso hates to admit it but of course Victoria is right, again.

It is only a matter of time until someone gets hurt, either him or her, this can't go on forever, the stolen glances and little exchanges with electricity in the air between them only to pretend it never happened once their minds are clear again.

"I know some people say talk is cheap but trust me it can work wonders", Vic advises before both girls join the others downstairs.

Quite a few people have already arrived, still the downstairs area is not nearly as crowded as it was during their previous parties.

Outside someone is setting up a little stage and lights to capture every movement the band makes, others are rushing to set up three cameras.

"A little promo?", Calypso asks with her eyebrows raised and Thomas claps her on the back "We are famous now, so we go big", he makes a sweeping gesture with his arm and nearly knocks over a small blonde girl, carrying a a tray with tiny dishes.

Calypso keeps to the back of the rows, now crowding around the small stage sipping sparkling champagne from a fancy glass that she might break if she'd grip it too hard.

She enjoys watching her friends set up their instruments with precision, Damiano fiddle around with the mic stand.

Playfully sticking her tounge out at Vic when she meets her eye and her beckoning to the side of the stage with some gestures and head nods.

"Prime spot for my girl", she teases once Calypso had made her way through the small crowd.

She is closest to Ethan that way, clever move Victoria.

After a little, rushed speech from Damiano they start playing. No matter how many times Calypso had the privilege of watching her friends perform, wether that was on a stage or in their backyard drunk on wine, they never fail to amaze her.

All of them seem to leave this world completely once they step on stage, lost in their own little world of performance and everyone that gets to watch them should consider themself lucky.

So absorbed in the performance, singing along badly and not really with the correct lyrics, Calypso doesn't realise someone stepped incredibly close to her and now presses a kiss to her bare shoulder.

Surprised she spins around and stares into a pair of deep brown eyes "Bella", he happily exclaims and now moves his arms to wrap them around her body, pulling her close to him.

It takes a moment for her mind to realise who the handsome man is, calling her bella like it is her name, that's because he doesn't know her real name.

"One night stand", she manages to sputter out and finally her body reacts the way she wants it to and she tries to wiggle out of his grip.

What would Calypso do to just vanish right there and then? Doesn't he understand the concept of a freaking one night stand??

𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒚𝒑𝒔𝒐 ( 𝑬𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑻𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒐)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara