alone time

i'd like to make an announcement.. THANK YOU ALL FOR 70k READS! *throws shawty bae cards at you guys like money at a strip club*

warning: longer than normal chapter ahead! and there will be a lot of pov skips in this chapter, the three little suns (☀︎︎) represent the switch from the team to you and noya. the little moons () represent switch back to the team.

ok now that that's covered- enjoy the chapter besties!

"now, go say bye to your mans." he pushes you away from him and towards the libero.

"he's not my- heyy shawty!" you smile at the shorter boy.

"hey bae."

kai walks over and puts his arms around you and noyas shoulders. he slowly guides the two of you out of the building and to the fountain.

"now, you two can say goodbye freely. no interruptions on my watch." he says, sitting you down on the edge of the fountain.

"toodlesssss." he calls as he walks back to the building with a giddy smile.

"ok people, the love birds are in place. look out the window and watch magic unfold." he says the the team.

"what magic?" tanaka asks, confused.

"look out the window and we can see exactly what they're doing. we can't hear them, but we can see them and if my bestie gets a kiss you BETTER know i'll get it on video." he replies sassily.

everyone in the room crowds around the window in a circle, kai in front and center crouched down with the camera rolling.

☀︎︎   ☀︎︎   ☀︎︎

"so, this is goodbye?" noya asks solemnly.

"don't make it sound like i'm dying." you flick his forehead.

"sorry, but i'm still losing you." he sits down next to you.

"i'll make sure visit and try to make it to your games. and if you guys go against seijoh or inarazaki, you know i'll be there." you nudge his shoulder with yours.

"but you'll be cheering for the other team."

"physically yes, mentally i'll be cheering on you guys."

"good, i'll make sure to give you something to cheer for!" he says proudly and wraps his arm around your waist, pulling you into his side.

"you better, or i'll just be wasting precious brain power."

☾  ☾  ☾

"what's he doing?" hinata yells from the back of the group.

"she just flicked his forehead." tanaka whisper yells back.

"wonder what he said." daichi thinks aloud.

the group is watching intently as he sits next to you and wraps his arm around your waist.

"OH SHIT OH SHIT!" haya slaps kais arm repeatedly.

"gurl stop. i'm trying to record here." he snaps at the pinkette.

"sorry." she turns and slaps ennoshitas arm instead.

☀︎︎   ☀︎︎   ☀︎︎

"i know we met not even a week ago, but i feel like we've gotten really close." he mumbles.

"i feel the same way." you rest your head on his shoulder.

the two of you are engulfed in silence, not an awkward silence, but a peaceful one. the sound of water from the fountain running and the chirping of birds near by creating a peaceful environment.

☾  ☾  ☾

"DIDGAKSBDIE." kai whisper yells at haya.

"ISHSOABSDIE." haya responds.

"JSHSSKABSI." tanaka joins in.

"what are they even saying?" tsuki asks.

"you guys don't understand?" suga asks the group.

they all shake their heads no.

"i guess i'll translate. kai said, 'i can't believe my bestie might get a real boyfriend.' haya responded with 'same, we're gonna be the cool aunt and uncle.' tanaka then added on, 'their kid is gonna be the cutest.'"

"how do you-?" asahi begins to ask, but suga is already talking to the trio.

"JSSISHEOWB." he tells them.

"IDHDAPBDEIBDH." the trio responds in sync.

"i'm not even going to try and guess what they're saying." kinnoshita sweat drops.

"i don't have the brain capacity." narita agrees.

☀︎︎   ☀︎︎   ☀︎︎

"so, i've been thinking." you begin.

"that's never good." he says with a smile, tracing the lines on your hand that you drew earlier in the day.

you nudge him playfully.

"i'm just kidding." he smiles.

"ignoring that rude comment, uhm, fuck i planned what i was going to say in my head."

"take your time." he rubs small circles into your hand.

"do you want to do something."

"what type of something?"

"like go out?"

"on a date?"

"you can call it that." you look away out of embarrassment. for you are not used to making the first move.

"well damn." he looks up at the sky.

"what?"

he looks at you and smiles, "i wanted to ask you first."