9

"Nico, are you ok?" Jason asked, snapping me out of my panicked daze.

I started to cuss under my breath.

"I really don't think he's ok." I heard Reyna mutter to Jason.

And in truth, I wasn't ok. I had hear this prophecy spoken a few month, when Rachel Elizabeth Dare became to oracle of Delphi. This was the next Great Prophecy for the Greeks, and I didn't think that they would have prophecies that weren't related to them. I finally understood what my father meant. Eventually, seven demigods from both camps would quest and I may or may not be a part of that seven, but either way, I would have to join them together as they both knew me.

I hated being forced to do this. I prefer not to talk to people at all, but my father and Pluto had told me to do this, and it wasn't a good idea to go against them.

"Nico?" Jason tried again.

I had to think of something to say fast, so I thought about what could have shocked me from the prophecy, other than the fact that I had heard it before.

Seven half-bloods? No, that was an unusually high number, but not shocking enough for what I had just done.

I cursed myself for being so shocked, even though I guessed it was coming.

Then it hit me..... The Doors of Death. It was perfect.

"Um sorry, I'm just a little shocked about the Doors of Death." I said, baiting them into asking me more. I knew they wouldn't know about them. Only a child of the underworld would.

"You know what they are?" Jason and Reyna asked in unison.

"So the doors of death are a way out of Tartarus." I said, really hoping that Tartarus was the same in Roman. "They move to a different location after they have been used, so that the monsters can't just pour out. I also know that they have an exit in the overworld that moves too, but no god dares to go into Tartarus, let alone a demigod."

"Although, I do recall a story I was told about someone who was brave enough to go in." I continued, "They wrote a diary, so he could document what it was like, and judging from that, he barely got to the first layer, and when he came out he had been driven insane by what he had seen. I really don't think that his diary did what he saw justice."

"I don't know how he got out, and all I hope is that the seven never have to go their in the first place. I really really hope for their sakes that it refers to the ones in the overworld."

Judging from their shocked expressions, they were just like I was when I first heard the prophecy at Camp half-blood. It didn't really shock me anymore, but I was glad I managed to avoid suspicion for having heard it before with my little story.

Reyna composed herself after a moment, but Jason remained rather shuck. I guessed he probably hated the idea of the underworld a lot considering he was the son of the lord of the sky and all.

"I'll be sure to let Octavian know about that." Reyna said, with just a hint of distaste. She clearly didn't like this Octavian guy, but she had to work with him for the good of her legion. I had new found respect for her. I would never be able to do that. I'd probably just stab them with my sword.

"So who's Octavian?" I asked, wanting to make sure I steer clear.

"Oh, he's the auger," she said, "And he's incharge of making sure that any information we get in the prophecies are noted down for future generations."

I was starting to get a dodgy feeling about this auger, even though I hadn't met with him yet.

"Oh," Jason said sharply, seeming to come out of a trance, "I almost forgot the whole reason why we started the tour here." He said, seemingly oblivious to our previous conversation.

He started walking away, and beckoned Reyna and I to follow. I looked at her, and she looked at me just as confused. I guess neither of us know where we are going.

"So when I was younger, I used to play around here, because not many people come to temple hill that often." Jason said. "And one time, I went down the other side and found something I think you'll like Nico."

This had me interested. What did he think I might like?

As we walked down the other side of the hill, I noticed a small black outcrop, stilling out of the side unnaturally.

We came lower than it and back up again, and I realised that it was a black crypt meant as a shrine to Pluto, with the symbol he shared with my father on the door.

"Wow," Reyna breathed, "I had no idea that this was here."

"Thanks, Jason, it means a lot, do you mind if I stay here for a while? There are some things I need to think through." I said, trying to drop a subtle hint that I really didn't like social interaction and wanted some of the alone time I was used to.

"Sure," Reyna said, thankfully catching my hint. She started to drag Jason with her, but then turned back to tell me, "Dinner will be served in the mess hall at 7, don't be late."

"Ok." I told her and walked inside.

It was fairly small, with a obsidian alter in the middle. On the alter was a bowl with a few bones and a few jewels. I remembered what Google had said when I looked up Pluto - The Wealthy One. I guess the gems made sense then.

I looked away from the alter and found that there were a few braziers and torch holders on the wall, but not a lot else.

I felt wrong imposing on the praetors and sleeping in Jason's room, and I wanted my own little place.

I had work to do.

×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

A/N
Hi, I hoped you like this chapter. It was fun to write, but I'm not a skilled author so there were probably a few errors.

Thanks for being patient and waiting for me to upload, I have been busy with exams lately, and I greatly appreciate you waiting.

~Sheeps