16

Ok, wait a minute, how the heck is Jason in the air? I could see Reyna flying around on a Pegasus, but Jason seemed to be able to fly on his own.

Oooooh. He probably is flying. His father is the lord of the sky after all. I wonder why Thalia can't fly.

Anyway, the air horn signaled the start of the game. I knew what I had to do, so I stayed in my sheltered position. I was in the corner of 2 walls, but I had a view of the whole field from a little peep hole I found in one if the walls near the corner. I looked across and saw that the only people moving on the field were the 5th cohort.

Yet again I did not understand why, but I was glad when I caught a glimpse of Dakota and a few others using trenches and walls to move towards the 1st and 2nd base unnoticed.

I looked back towards the majority of the 5th. They were advancing fairly quickly, and now had about 75m to go until they would start to fight the defence of the 1st and 2nd base.

It was time for my part of the plan.

I concentrated. I could feel loads of bones under the earth here, and it still felt easier than normal, so I guessed this ground must still be sacred or something.

I stabbed my Stygian iron sword into the floor and let my energy flow into it.

Just as the 5th cohort became 60m away, bones started to fly up out of the ground.

People ducked and found cover as bones whizzed about left and right.

I concentrated harder, and all of a sudden, the bones started to assemble themselves.

They did not however just make a single skeleton, or a group of skeletons.

I had made myself an avatar 5m tall with a wicked 3 and a half metre blade. Everything was made out of bone.

Everyone was still very confused by what they had just witnessed, except for the 5th. They had know the plan, so as soon as they weren't in any danger from the flying bones, they got up off the floor and ran at the defence.

I tried to make my avatar do the same, but I was tired, and almost out of energy from that stunt, so I quickly ate some ambrosia that I always keep for emergencies.

Now that I had more energy, I regained control of my avatar, and made up the distance between it and the 5th in a few leaps, while I physically stayed in the same place.

My avatar soon came under attack from the 1st and second defence, but I just swung about my sword and the avatar did the same. I was trying not to cut people in half or hurt them too badly, but I still saw people being picked up by giant eagles with red first aid vests.

Ooops.

I made my way towards the fortifications that the Romans had built for the first and second cohorts. This seemed to panic them greatly as they didn't know how to stop my bone avatar. They couldn't kill it because it wasn't alive.

They came up with the conclusion of trying to block its path. The whole of the second cohort went into formation, locking their shields together in a solid wall that was just to tall for my avatar to step over.

This wasn't good as they would eventually find a way to get rid of my bone avatar. But as I scanned across the rest of the field I relaxed. I could see Dakota and a handful of legionnaires that he said were the best of the 5th sneaking up on the opposition's defences.

The rest of the 5th cohort was doing their best at getting through about three quarters of the first cohort. That means that there had to be less than 10 people actually inside of the defences guarding the banners. It would be easy for Dakota and his squad to avoid them.

Just then I noticed that some of the second cohort had broken off and started going on the offensive. I was surprised it had taken them this long if I'm being honest. I remembered that the dead Romans I had spoken to were always going on about how Rome was so mighty because they knew that the best defence was offence.

I never really liked those Roman ghosts. Because I was Greek they always hated me, and only did what I said because I was the Ghost King. Maybe that's why I was no good at the Roman style of fighting. I had no patience for those ghosts and they had no patience for me either.

Oh sorry, got off track with my ADHD again.

"2nd cohort in coming!" I shouted to the 4th's centurions.

They saw the small group I meant and the whole 4th cohort ran off to deal with them.

Looking back across the field I saw my bone avatar taking some serious hits from the second. I had spears stuck in my ribs, and I was missing a few fingers and toes. Well then, time to ramp up the action. I knew the basic fighting method of the Romans and that they preferred to jab with the sword rather than slash, so I set to work jabbing at them.

It was an odd sight to see. It reminded me of when I went to an Italian restaurant in America one time. My massive bone sword was like a tooth pic, and the legionnaires of the second cohort were like the olives sliding around in the little pot, avoiding getting skewered.

I kept doing what I was doing, but my mind once again went else where. I looked across the field again and saw Dakota's squad running across the top of the other teams defences avoiding the 10 legionnaires they had left defending. They were nearly at the flags, and just then a roar went up from the 4th cohort as they joined forces with my bone avatar.

Dakota's squad had disappeared from view, but no more than a minute later, they were back on top of the walls holding up the 1st and 2nd banners.

You might think that they had won. But the game wasn't over yet. The flags still had to get back into our team's side of the field of Mars, so attached my sword back onto my belt and the avatar mimicked the movement.

This resulted in the bone sword dropping to the floor because bone men don't have belts.

Anyway, I reached over to where Dakota and his friends were on the end of wall surrounded by angry legionnaires from the first and second cohorts. I put my arm out in front of me with the palm up, and the bone avatar did the same, but the hand ended up in just the right place for Dakota and his team to climb up my avatars arm and on to his shoulders.

I carried them over to our half of the field and heard the sound of an air horn.

I believed it was Jason's, but I never got to clarify as I promptly passed out from the exertion.

×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

A/N

Hi, do y'all like the capture the flag? It's Roman style.

Well, I tried. I'm not the best author.

Anyway, do you want just Nico's pov or other people's in the future?

~Sheeps

P.S. If any of you have any ideas for the story please comment as all ideas are welcome. :)