CHAPTER THIRTY

The castle was buzzing around me as I woke up to find a few maids in my room, running me a bath and placing all sorts of creams on my vanity table like I used to do for Anna.

"The bath is ready, princess." I looked at the maids and didn't recognise them.

"I'm not a princess?" I said groggily and I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes.

"Princess Anastasia has asked us to wake you this morning for her coronation. It is important you look your best." She grabbed my hand and gently pulled me out of bed getting me out of my nightclothes and into the bath which smelt of roses and vanilla. One began washing my hair which I politely said I could do myself. The young maid then looked upset so I allowed her to clean my hair watching her face beam and I chuckled remembering how much pride she would feel for being able to assist a princess.

I remembered my first time meeting Anna. We were just children and Hera was busy working in the castle, clearing bedrooms for visitors when I walked off going into Anna's room and began to play with her dollhouse. Anna then came in and I thought she would yell at me but instead, we began playing together. After that, I would sneak back up to play with her every day. The memory made me smile.

Soon I was clean and the maids helped me out allowing me to dry myself before carefully drying my dark hair. I was fitted into my dress which was a gorgeous light purple. It was tight over my waist, allowing my breasts to almost fall out the top. The bottom was lace and had tiny purple glass shards woven in making the dress sparkle in the sun. My hair was then styled with a flower crown of purple flowers, the ones my mother was growing in the gardens, and gently plaited allowing most of it to flow past my shoulders. The young maid did slight touches to my face, just light powder. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. Smiling I thanked the maids, giving the young girl a small kiss on the cheek. She blushed and squealed leaving the room. I laughed and turned to the balcony one last time before leaving for the coronation.

I walked down the corridor, stopping at Anna's door which was slightly ajar. I saw her looking in the mirror adjusting her dress and tutting several times. Pushing the door open, the squeak made her turn. Her dress was a beautiful white with pastel blue streaks running through it delicately. Her hair was loose down, allowing the blonde waterfall to sway in the wind tracing its way through the room from the open doors.

"You look beautiful, Anna. I feel like I might cry but I don't want to ruin my makeup." I laughed, making her giggle. She turned back to the mirror and went to tug her dress again. I grabbed her hands to stop her.

"You are perfect, Anna. Stop trying to fix nothing." She smiled at me and breathed deeply as I breathed.

I wrapped her arm in mine and we left the room in silence. It was easy to tell she was nervous but I kept my head up to be her strength at that moment.

We walked to the church and I let her go before walking in and taking my seat at the front, close to where Anna would be crowned Queen. I sat down on the pew nervously bouncing my leg. My mother was sat beside me and placed her hand on my leg to try and settle my nerves, giving me a reassuring smile. I tried to smile back but was just so nervous. Then just as my mind began to wonder, the music started from the organs and the choir and the entire mass inside the church rose.

I stood and turned to watch Anna walking towards the priest at the front of the church. She looked around, smiling at the crowd. I was beaming with pride at her regal stature. As she stood at the front of the church, we sat down and everyone's attention was on her.

The priest turned to her and handed her the sword and shield of Borealis. She held them with strength and with a fierce look in her eyes. She repeated the words spoken by the priest.