First Talk With Female Rogue

Hi everyone! Sorry that it took me so long to update. I had some health issues. 

This chapter will be similar to the last chapter since it is Michael's POV.

(Michael's POV)

This morning I am meeting the female rogue for the first time to see if she should join my company and potentially join my pack. 

For some reason my wolf has been eagerly anticipating her arrival. In the last couple of days, I had to go on more runs than I usually do just to keep him at bay. 

A part of him is hoping that she is his mate. It would explain his wolf's behavior. Yet, another part of him believes he is unworthy of a mate. Particularly, he believes he is unworthy of being a mate to the female rogue because of her past. Since why would the Moon Goddess pair her with an alpha male after everything she has been through? 

The part of him desiring a mate answers that question. The Moon Goddess could pair her with a genuine alpha male who will treat her like an equal instead of a subordinate. If the Moon Goddess paired her with him he will do everything in his power to ease the hurt of her past and prove to her that her future will be much brighter with him at her side.

He shakes his head to try to snap back into focus. Since his train of thought could be all for nothing if she is not his mate. However, he still wants to prove to her that there are decent alpha males in the time they spend together even if that time could be limited. This could range from the hour for the initial meeting if she does not meet my expectations, to a year which would be the duration of her contract if she works for the company, or potentially a lifetime if she joins his pack or is his mate.

After taking a calming breath he centers himself back into focus and he walks into the building of  Thomas International at 7:30am. On the way to his office, he greets every employee he comes across. Upon entering the waiting room leading into my office, I am met with my personal assistant Kevin. 

Cheerfully, Kevin says-Good morning, Sir! Is there anything I can get for you?

Shaking my head, I head to my office while addressing him-Not at the moment. Has there been any changes to my agenda today?

Following behind me, Kevin replies-No, Sir. Your first appointment is with Ms. Williams at 8am. Afterwards you have a meeting with Mr. Bark. I cleared the rest of your appointments for today as you instructed me too. Most are rescheduled for tomorrow or later in the week.

After starting my computer, I see on the calendar the changes to the schedule. Looking up, I address Kevin-Diligent as always, Kevin. Thank you for clearing my schedule for today and making the changes on the calendar. That will be all for now. Please let Ms. Williams in as soon as she arrives.

Quietly Kevin leaves my office and while still alone I start going through the emails that were sent this morning. 

A little while later, I hear Kevin greet Ms. Williams before I hear her footsteps walking towards my door. 

Bracing myself for her to open the doors, since if she was my mate I would be immediately be able to tell if she was my mate by her scent. 

Opening the door, she walks for a few steps in my entryway before taking a breath and bending over for a minute. In any other case, I would say she is my mate. Since that is a stereotypical response for smelling your mate's scent for the first time. However, she cannot possibly be my mate because her scent does not drive me crazy with lust. In fact, I can barely smell anything coming from her except a hint of perfume. 

While her scent does not drive me crazy with lust, her body sure does. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life. She looks about my age of 25, five feet five inches approximately, Caucasian, athletic, brown hair, and brown eyes.