Final Destination

(Penelope's POV)

The cross country road trip with Helena was just what you expected it to be. The adjectives that come to mind to describe it would be chaotic, tiring, but most importantly fun. The trip was just what I needed before having to undergo the stress of living under my mate's thumb undetected for a year.

On our road trip we went to some popular tourist destinations like Cedar Point, Millennium Park and Mount Rushmore National Memorial. 

The first attraction we went to was Cedar Point, which was a great amusement park. We went on rides like the racing derby, bumper cars, and multiple rollercoasters. Also, we enjoyed their water park as well. Additionally some activities we did there were boardwalk cruiser wine tours, riding on jet skis, and partaking in a sky ride. 

For Millennium Park, we walked through the park and took pictures in front of the Bean. Also at night we enjoyed a music concert. 

Similarly, at Mount Rushmore National Memorial we hiked through the area and took pictures of the monument. Also, we took informational tours to learn about the monument.

When planning the trip we made sure that each one of us got to pick an activity we had to do on the trip. For Helena, she picked The Mall of America. Let me tell you, that girl knows how to shop. As a self-proclaimed shopaholic she took the saying shop until you drop as a challenge. She made a point to go into almost every store in the largest mall in America and attempt to purchase something from each store we went too. She succeeded in buying at least one item from the vast majority of stores we went too. In fact, when we were putting everything in the car, the car literally could not fit another item. Surprisingly, the car did not buckle under its weight. Just for that I have to give the rental car company a great review and a tip.

As for me, I chose to do an activity that I always wanted to do from my favorite movie The Prince and Me, which is lawn mower racing. Fortunately, for us they had a race during our trip in Madison, Wisconsin. All it took was a little charm and flirting from Helena for two guys to let us utilize their lawn mowers for the women's races. Obviously, we lost horribly. However, it truly was hilarious how the other competitors were riding circles around us. At  least I have one thing crossed off my bucket list.

Another perk of the trip was I got to let my wolf out in beautiful new locations. Of course, I could only shift at night when Helena and other potential onlookers were in bed and unable to see in the dark. The serenity of the views gave me a peace of mind and clarity of what I had to do for the next year.

Since I do not want this to be my final destination. Undoubtedly, I do not want to mate with him and be forced to stay in his pack while taking care of the children and the pack due to my luna duties. Instead, I desire to travel the world and explore new countries and cultures. Notably, I wish to utilize my time having new experiences and opportunities. I always want to learn and better myself which I was not allowed to do in my previous pack.

From my first impressions of him, I know he is not entirely like my previous pack. Since he seems more open minded in allowing at least unmated females positions of standing in his company. Also he did not seem threatened by my intelligence and my ambition. Clearly, he wants me to stay but he did say he would not force me to stay after the year ends. However, would he change his mind after the year is up? Or my worst fear of him detecting me and forcing me to stay at his side? 

While the trip was fun and a needed break from reality, however in the end we had to return to reality and everything that goes with it. 

Currently, we are driving up the street my new residence is located on. As our destination gets closer the only thought going through my head is I hope I did not make a mistake joining this company and that this is not my final destination.

Yet, the Moon Goddess is obviously laughing at my expense since standing on the front lawn is my mate himself almost as if he is welcoming me home.

(Hi Everyone. I hope you all like the chapter. I am sorry that it took me so long to update. I was hired for my first job in early May and they had me start immediately. So I have been busy settling in my new position. On top of that life events and dealing with sickness which also prevented me from writing. I know this is a short fluff chapter but it will be important later on. I am hoping to update more next week.)