Orienting Part One

(Penelope's POV)

The last five days have been with me orienting myself to my new surroundings. First, I spent the last four days orienting myself with my new house. 

This process was particularly strenuous and exhausting. Since before the human moving company could place my furniture in its places and bring in all my boxes, I went through the entire house and deep cleaned. Once the movers placed all the furniture in its places and brought in all my boxes, I unboxed the items and put them in their proper places before giving everything a final scrub down.

While she never wants to be a submissive housewife whose only job is ensuring the house is tidy, that doesn't mean she wants to live in a mess.

A clean and orderly house is an efficient house. She did not get to where she was without being efficient.

Besides cleaning the last few days I was orienting myself with the community. One way I did this was by spending a large amount of time shopping. On top of purchasing essential items like food, toiletries, and other items I needed for the house, I bought myself a car.

Ultimately, I cannot rely on Helena for transportation since I need a way to quickly escape if Michael discovers I am his mate. So I bought a black Buick Regal GS. The car serves its purpose as being fast and inconspicuous, which is what you need in a getaway vehicle.

Another way I was orienting myself with the community was spending any free time I had exploring. Since I needed to familiarize myself with what the area has to offer and the boundaries I need to know. I also was gathering information on the area so I can scheme up multiple courses of action of the quickest route to exit in case the worse case scenario happens. 

Fortunately, the pack was following Michael's command and mostly staying away from me. The pack members I encountered working in the stores warmly greeted me as they rung up my orders while everyone else stared and kept their distance. 

On the fifth day, I had to go to orientation at Thomas International. Luckily, I was able to sleep in for a few extra hours beforehand since my orientation was in the afternoon. All I needed to do was sign some paperwork, get a tour of the faculty, and set up my office.

Unfortunately, now that I know that will be working closely with my mate I will have to start dressing as conservatively as possible while I am at work or any place that he might be so as to limit his opportunities to touch bare skin.

So my outfit for today is a dark green turtleneck, which I paired with a black business jacket, dark green dress pants, and black flats.

With my new vehicle I was able to drive myself to Thomas International in thirty minutes since there was light traffic due to it being early in the afternoon.

Finding a parking spot in the employee parking lot, I entered the building with fifteen minutes to spare before my orientation at 1 pm.

Once I enter the lobby I head towards the receptionist desk.

A college aged brown hair brown eyed girl at the desk says-Hello, you must be Penelope Williams. We have been expecting you. My name is Jennifer Robertson. Give me one minute to call Valerie and inform her you are here.

She turns to her phone and presses a few buttons and says into it-Hi Sonia. Can you inform Valerie that her appointment is here.

On the phone Sonia says something in response to where Jennifer says-Will do.

She turns towards me and says-She is on her way here.

A few minutes later, a middle aged red hair green eye girl made her way towards me. Once she reaches me she says-Hi Penelope. My name is Valerie Lovell. I am head of the human resources department. The first portion of your orientation will be with me watching videos and filling out paperwork. The second portion of your orientation will be with Mr. Thomas. So let's head towards my office and get started.