Michael's Background

Growing up, everyone and himself included thought Michael Thomas was destined for greatness. Oldest son of Alpha Xavier Thomas and Luna Olivia Thomas of the Howl Pack. Being the eldest son meant he would one day be the future Alpha and that position came with all the perks and power. One of the most significant aspects of that position is being the CEO of Thomas International. Thomas International is a billion dollar company and a front for the pack. The company provides jobs for the pack mates and money to provide for the pack, while keeping the humans at bay. 

From an early age, Michael was groomed for the responsibility of being the future Alpha and CEO. He was taught by his father how to be a strong Alpha and wise CEO. From his mother, he was taught how to properly love and cherish his mate. His father and mother were great examples on how the Alpha and Luna were supposed to work side by side equally. While the male in werewolf society was held at a higher esteem, he was taught that it does not mean that the males need to treat females like they are less than them. When Michael finds his mate, he is looking forward to the day he can rule beside her.

Michael was shocked that when he turned eighteen he did not find his mate. Furthermore, he tried to convince himself that while the norm was to find your mate at eighteen, it was not unusual to find it by age twenty. It probably just meant that his mate was not in his pack or nearby and he would have to travel to find her. After traveling the globe constantly searching for her and as he is moving up in his twenties, Michael starts to lose hope to ever find his mate.

After his last search at age twenty three, Michael gave up searching for his mate. Michael prayed constantly to the Moon Goddess for his mate. Since his calls have gone unanswered, he believes somehow he angered the Moon Goddess and she deemed him unworthy of a mate. Michael did not want to think of the possibility that his mate died before he ever got the opportunity to get to know her and shower her in his love.

As a result of stopping his search for his mate, Michael focused on being the best and strongest Alpha and CEO. Due to this, Michael became hard and strict, a far cry from the nice and understanding man he was. In the two years since he stopped searching for his mate, his pack became the strongest and his company became wealthier than ever before. As a result, his reputation went far and wide as a man not to be messed with. Through everyone feels bad that he is unable to find his mate. 

When the story begins, Michael is out of the country on a business trip. When he returns, he finds out that his chief operating officer (COO) has hired a new business manager while he was away. As Michael likes to interview all potentials who would be working with him on a daily basis, he decides to have a meeting with her in his office to see if he will keep her or not.