Traveling

First, I want to apologize for not updating in a long time after saying I would. These past couple of months have been hard with health and personal issues. I have had barely any free time to write and when I do, I have been updating Billionaire's Lost Time and Invisible Mate since they have more readers. With the summer, I am hoping to update more frequently this story and my others. 

Another quick note before you read, I have never been in an airport or on a plane. So hopefully, its not too inaccurate the process. 

(Penelope's POV)

Immediately after she hung up the phone with Benjamin, she went straight to work finding a plane ticket. After a quick text to Helena, who was delighted to let her stay at her place during the interview process, she was all set to attend the interview. The only thing left for her to complete was to finish all her work from her actual job.

Consequently, she spent the next day and a half tying up lose ends and making sure she is covered at work while she is away. While doing this she barely found the time to pack her luggage and take care of herself. However, somehow she managed to finish before she headed to the airport Thursday afternoon.

After going through the hours of hassle of airport security and checking in to her flight, she was finally able to settle down for the six hour plane ride from Philadelphia to Seattle. While the flight was long, luckily she was able to sleep the majority of the journey.

Once she debarked from the plane and gathered up her luggage from baggage claim, she was greeted outside the airport by Helena.

Helena steps out of her car in a rush to greet and hug her-Penelope! You made it! How was your flight?

She tries to unravel herself from Helena's tough grip-How about we quickly put my luggage in the car and then we can talk. There is already a row of people behind us and they are starting to become annoyed with us standing here talking.

Helena finally realizes her surroundings and says- Let's hurry up so we can catch up.

Now in the passenger seat in Helena's car she opens up about her flight- It was alright. Luckily, no turbulence, so was a straightforward smooth flight. Fortunately, I was able to sleep through the majority of it.

While focusing on the road, Helena continues their conversation-That is pleasing to hear. Especially since I know how much you hate turbulence and flying in general.

(In her head)-That is the wolf in me. Undoubtedly, it does not like feeling caged and no chance of escape while in the air. Furthermore, having it be in a rocking cage does not help the matters when your wolf is already on the edge. Which is why, I always travel with sleeping pills.

Out loud she says-If I succeed in getting the job, which would force me to move out here, I was thinking about hiring a moving company and driving instead of taking another plane. Since I always wanted to travel and explore and this would give me a cross country road trip opportunity.

Helena gushes-That would be so much fun! If you want, I can travel with you. This would be particularly beneficial for me since I must use my vacation time soon anyways and this gives me time to hang out with you. Also, driving from Pennsylvania to Washington is going to take days. Unquestionably, one person should not attempt it alone. Moreover, you need at least one other person to switch off driving so you can rest.

She laughs-Let's see if I am even going to get the job before we start planning a cross country road trip.

Helena with absolute conviction says-You are going to get the job. They will be a fool for not hiring you. Just so you know, I will not work for no fools!

Both burst out laughing at that.

After a three hour car ride they finally enter Helena's town of Olympic. The town was surrounded by forest, which made her wolf overjoyed imagining running and exploring what laid inside.

Finally stopping in front of a modern looking two-story white house, they both step out of the vehicle.

Helena-Home sweet home. I can show you the outside of my neighbors house that is up for sale if you want.

Helena guides her to a nearly identical house to her own on the right side. Luckily, the street was fairly well-lit and with her superior werewolf senses she was clearly able to see the outside of the house in the night. By the first glance, she can say she is impressed with how the outside of the house looks.

Penelope-Just from the looks of things, I have a funny feeling I am going to like it here.

Helena agrees-As I knew you would. Let's get you inside so you can head to bed. To make sure you will rock your interview tomorrow morning.

(I am hoping to have the next chapter done either later today or tomorrow.)