Welcome Home

(Penelope's POV)

Undoubtedly, it was ironic how when we were nearing the conclusion of the car ride I just wanted time to hurry up so the trip would be over with already, yet time went by at a seemingly slow pace. Whereas as soon as we entered my street and noticed my mate outside my residence was when I wanted time to slow down to avoid him as long as possible is when time seemingly decides to speed up. 

In what felt like no time at all, we reached our destination as we pulled up in front of my house and immediately Michael was at my car side door to open it for me.

While opening the door, Michael says-Welcome home ladies. How was your trip?

After countless hours in a crowded car, what I did not expect or need when I arrived at my house was the presence of my unwanted mate especially with him acting all chivalrous opening the door for me as if I couldn't open the door for myself and welcoming me home as if my home was wherever he was. 

Naturally, speaking anything werewolf related in the presence of humans who are not mates is against the rules. Consequently, I remained silent while letting Helena exchange pleasantries and briefly talk about our trip with our unwanted visitor before injecting that Michael and I needed to talk alone. 

Once Helena was safety inside her house I was able to reply with my temper flaring-For your information, I can open a door for myself! Also how on earth did you know we were coming back now and why are you here?

Without missing a beat he replies-I know you can open a door for yourself. However, my mother taught me manners. One of which is to always open a door for a female. As for how I knew you were arriving now, as soon as you crossed my territory, my warriors on border patrol alerted me and I immediately headed over here. The reason why I came here is I wanted to lend a helping hand in the moving process. 

Wittily she says-I did not know when I selected the moving company that I chose the Alpha package. 

Smirking he states-Only my mate gets the Alpha's package.

The wolf part of me who yearns for her mate is salivating at that comment. 

However, the audacity of his comment, certainly set the human side of me off which had control so I say-You talk about the manners your mother taught you. Did she teach you not to talk sexual comments to uninterested parties?

Smiling he replies-Don't have your panties in a twist. Particularly since I was trying to lighten the mood since you seem overly uptight. 

He continues-My comment should set you at ease. Obviously, you worry about unwanted advances from males and I just told you my body belongs to my mate who I have not found yet.

Retorting she replies-The state of my panties do not concern you. As for being overly uptight it is due to the fact that I have an unwanted Alpha male on my lawn that I must deal with after enduring an extremely long car ride. Furthermore, it bothers me especially since I told him I did not wish to have unnecessary contact with him and other males.

Deciding to deescalate is the best strategy he says-I sincerely apologize for my comments. Clearly, you are correct in that my mother taught me to not be obscene especially in the presence of females. I just thought I lightheartedly show you the only female I am interested in is my mate. As for my being here, the pack always helps with the moving process since we try to avoid having unnecessary human visitors. Since you are uncomfortable with other males I believed it would be best if I would lend a helping hand to show you at minimum you can trust me.

Calming down slightly she says-I accept your apology. However, your presence here is unwanted. Ultimately, I prefer utilizing the human moving company I choose. On the other hand, I understand your position about having unnecessary humans around here. So if need be, I will have no other choice but to spend extra time and utilize my wolf strength to move the furniture. 

Frowning he says-While I do not underestimate your strength, it is unnecessary in this scenario. Ultimately, it is your decision on who you choose to help you settle in. However, I believe this would be an excellent opportunity to for you to understand that here we all help each other out. 

She replies-I do not need nor want anyone in this packs help. Remember our agreement is that I open myself up to the member's of your pack at my comfort level. Bothering me as soon as I step out of the car, not even settling in yet, is not making me comfortable. 

She sarcastically continues-This is not the welcome home greeting you were expecting. Where I would fall at your feet like Oh Alpha Michael! Thank you so much for helping me move in! Of course I changed my mind and decided to join your pack and stay here forever. 

Looking at his face, it was clear he did not enjoy her sarcasm as he sternly says-I never expected that. Naturally, I understand that before making this pack your home the pack and I have much  work to do to earn your trust as its not a given. Unfortunately, I have a limited time frame of a year in order to complete that objective. So I believe it would be best if I start with baby steps in order to show you that you're welcomed here and you can have a home here.

Smiling she says-While I appreciate the welcome, this is my house for a year. Ultimately, trust goes both ways. Since I need time to trust that you and the pack will trust my boundaries. In doing so maybe one day my comfort level will increase and you can trust I would uphold my word of possibly getting closer to the pack. However, I still plan on leaving once my contact expires in a year.

Nodding he replies-I will respect your boundaries. However, I hope in time your boundaries change. 

He continues-So let us start over. Hello Ms. Williams. Hopefully you share the same sentiment as Ms. Troy in that your journey here was pleasant. Now that you are an official resident, I personally came here as the official representative of the town of Olympic to welcome you to our town. Sincerely, I hope you enjoy your time here. Please be careful while moving in and if you ever need any help there is plenty of people here willing to accommodate you.

She replies-Thank you Mr. Thomas. The journey here was pleasant. However, I am eager to return to work. Sincerely, I appreciate the warm welcome. 

(Hi Everyone. I am so sorry it took me so long to update. I have been extremely busy with my job.  However, I wanted to try to continue my tradition of updating at least once before the New Year. Since my job's biggest event of the year is on New Year's, this is my last update of this year. Hopefully in the New Year I can update more. I just want to say thank you for the over 10,000 views, the votes, the comments, and especially the people who have personally messaged me their support. )