The Interview

(Penelope's POV)

A heavenly aroma of pancakes cooking wakes me up. Glancing over to the digital clock on the side table next to the bed, I regard the red numbers as a few minutes until 6am when I was to wake up in order to prepare for my job interview this morning.

After getting a robe on, I head downstairs and upon entering the kitchen I observe Helena placing pancakes on the plates at the table.

Helena having seen her lights up and says-Good morning! How did you sleep? I made your favorite breakfast for good luck on your job interview today.

Touched by the gesture she smiles in appreciation and says-I appreciate you getting up earlier to cook me breakfast this morning. Overall, I slept as well as can be. Normally, it is difficult for me to fall asleep in a different bed plus the anxiety of a job interview. Luckily, I was able to achieve a few hours sleep.

Helena smiles-Do not worry. Undoubtedly, you are going to do great on your interview today. Who knows maybe they will hire you on the spot?

Helena continues-Now sit down and eat your pancakes. You can't impress Benjamin on an empty stomach.

They both sit down at the kitchen table and eat the pancakes.

Penelope moans aloud when she bites into the pancakes and exclaims-These are amazing! I should have you cook for me more often. Also, it's impressive the way you were able to achieve having the pancakes with the edges crispy the way I like it.

Helena smiles pleased-I am glad to hear you like it. Now hurry up and eat since you still need to shower and get ready before we leave in a hour.

Quickly they both finish their pancakes before heading upstairs to get ready for the day.

After getting her outfit for the day ready on the bed, she undresses and heads to the shower. Once she is out of the shower, she blow dries her hair and brushes her teeth.

Leaving the bathroom, she heads back into the guest bedroom to get dressed for the day. On the bed, she laid out a dark purple dress, which she will match with the same color high heel shoes.

After she puts on the clothes she heads back into the bathroom to put on light makeup. Looking at herself in the mirror she approves of the image she makes. Overall, she looks like someone who means business. 

Looking at the time she notices it is 7am, heads downstairs, and calls out to Helena-Are you ready yet?

Helena comes downstairs and says-Ready! Just let me grab my car keys and we can head out. By the way, you look great!

Blushing she says- Thanks. Let's hurry up since I do not want to be late and we do not know how traffic is going to be.

Stepping out the door they get into the car. Helena backs out of the driveway and they are on their way.

A half hour later, they arrive at Thomas International. Thomas International was on a large campus similar to colleges. 

She remarks on the size-Wow. This place is immense. Hopefully I do not have to walk all over.

Helena laughs-It takes time getting use too. Don't worry, the majority of your time will be with me in the main building. The other buildings are for research and development.

Helena smirks-If you get the job, they have maps in the lobby of the campus.

Glancing at the time on the car dashboard shows it is 7:30 so they find a parking spot and walk towards the biggest building on the campus.

A few minutes later, they reach the front door. Since the building does not officially open until 8am, Helena uses her employee key to open the door and get into the building.