[2] Tofu and Butts!

Reader POV

Reader POV

When Ryomen and Yuji saw Tofu, their jaws dropped.

"Awww!!!" Yuji immediately ran over and scooped up Tofu who licked his face in return

"Is he for us?" Ryomen asked me with delight in his beautiful brown-red eyes.

"Yes!" I said with a smile. "I think it's about time we get a pet. Besides I know you two constantly talk about Megumi's dogs and how you're jealous."

The twins followed me outside to take Tofu for a walk, deciding to both take turns holding his leash while I was on poop duty.

"Tofu! My little little Tofu!" Yuji sang with glee, not caring how people were giving him strange looks.

"Hey!"

I saw Megumi and his father as we went down a couple of streets.

"I didn't know we live that close to you!" Ryomen stared at Megumi with awe before turning to me. "Mommy, I want to go play with Megumi!"

"Me too! Please??"

I looked over at Mr. Fushiguro who nodded and leaned down to take the leashes from Megumi. "Alright. But just for a bit. We have to go meet Grandma later."

The three boys ran in front of Toji and I, not a single care in the world.

Mr. Fushiguro nodded to me. "A lovely afternoon, hm?"

"I suppose so." I looked down at Tofu and saw him playing with the two Fushiguro dogs. "What are their names?"

"Gillbert and Nico. Megs wanted to name them after some tv show characters so that's that."

I leaned down and patted Nico's soft white head and saw it had a strange mark as did the other dog.

Interesting.

"So your dog's name is Tofu?" Mr. Fushiguro asked me as I stood back up.

"Yes. I offered for the boys to rename him, but they like the name."

We followed our boys to the local playground where they began climbing the stairs for the slide, cheering when poor Ryomen finally got over his fear of the slide and went down.

I talked with Mr. Fushiguro about how our children were doing until all three shoved flowers in our face that they clearly got from the ground.

"For you, Mommy/Papa!"

"Thank you so much!" I took the flowers from Yuji and Ryomen, giving them kisses. "Twenty more minutes then we have to head home, okay?"

"Why?" Megumi asked me. "Why can't I play with them until bedtime?"

Before I could speak, Ryomen butted in. "I'm going to see Grandma! She promised to let us pet her fat cat!"

"Yes," Yuji said with a serious tone. "Her cat's name is Garfield and he has a huge butt!"

The three boys giggled at the word butt and I rolled my eyes with amusement.

When they left, Mr. Fushiguro gave me a smirk. "So they like butts?"

"Oh Mr. Fushiguro! Kids will be kids. They find the word butt hilarious."

He still smirked. "But you didn't answer my question: do they like butts?"

"Uh..."

"S'all right, because I love butts."

I simply let my jaw drop, not knowing if he was joking or hinting at something else. "Congratulations?"

"Nah, I'm just playing." He let out a relaxed sigh. "So, are those brats your only kids?"

"They're not brats, but yes. I only have two."

Toji let out an amused chuckle. "Two is more than enough. My daughter Tsumiki and Megumi both take after their mothers in terms of being sassy."

Mothers? I knew Toji was good-looking, but I didn't know what to say about it, it was none of my business. "Well at least they're going to keep you in check."

"Suppose so." Toji heard a beep and took out his phone, sighing with annoyance. "This stupid job wants me to come in early, guess I'll have to have Tsumiki make dinner. At least the pay is good. Megs! Let's roll."

Megumi let out whines to which my boys all started complaining until I shut them down with a certain look.

"Was a pleasure meeting you," Toji shook my hand. "Want to exchange numbers? Seems like our kiddos get along great despite being in a class run by a hooligan."

We exchanged contact information and Toji dragged Megumi home, the boy complaining and all. My two boys held hands and jumped in puddles as we made our way to our house, Tofu happily in step with me. Their Grandmother on their father's side watched them for a bit while I did some grocery shopping and picked them up right after, them begging for their favorite dinner.

I prepared a quick dinner of ramen with ham with some honeydew juice for the boys, putting on Ponyo for them to watch. They did their homework shortly after and I allowed for an extra 30 minutes of television before putting them to bed.

Around 11:30pm I received a text from Toji asking if he should schedule a playdate for our kids this weekend, apologizing for the late text as he worked overnight at a nearby club.

Playdate sounds fine at 11am anytime this weekend. Megumi can come over as long as it's alright with you.

Toji quickly responded, Sounds good. Text me your address.

With that sorted, I leaned over to the other side of the bed's dresser with my late husband's picture on it, kissing it good night. Tofu ended up joining me, happily curling next to me and licking my face a few times before settling down.