[8] Their Father

FINALS ARE NOW DONE WAR IS OVER LADS-

Reader POV (past, you are now 18)

I was a wreck the week after Satoru confessed to his true intentions. Kento came over immediately as I called him and he was there for me for hours.

"He never deserved you anyway." Kento held me very closely and stroked my hair. "You'd do so much better."

"But I liked him!"

"And I know," he said. "And he fumbled you. You wanted him to change, right?"

"I did."

"And he didn't." Kento wiped my eyes. "He knew what he had and he fucked up. Let him do his things, it won't change anything. If he's already dating someone else by the time you see him next, that's his business. Focus on making yourself something he could never have, not again."

One Year After (age 19)

Kento held my arm as we walked to our university. A man with pinkish hair was waiting with my sister Fei and Geto Suguru.

"And who is this?" The man said with a bit of a smile as he fist-bumped me. "It's been a while since we've seen each other, Itadori (y/n)."

I looked a bit closer. "Do I know you?"

"I figured you'd say that." The man pointed to his nametag. "I'm Sukuna Hajime, I used to tutor you in physics."

I looked at him and his nametag then nodded. "Oh, wow! You've had a glow-up. I didn't even recognize you!"

"Yeah, because his bro knew that his old haircut was ugly as shit." Geto slapped his back.

I thought back to how he used to look and shrugged.

I had always thought he looked fine back then, but now he looked a lot better, he had let his hair grow out a bit and he started styling it

I had always thought he looked fine back then, but now he looked a lot better, he had let his hair grow out a bit and he started styling it. Though his eyes remained the same, they were warm and inviting. And he looked at me like I was the only one at the gathering reminding me of my old crush on him before I started dating Satoru once he graduated as he was two years my senior.

"Hajime, I didn't recognize you. You look amazing." I locked arms with my sister, much to Kento's surprise. "Shall we?" Tonight, we were all going to a get-together with mutual friends. I sat between Fei and our mutual friend Kuroo Tetsuro, both locked in on trying to complete the challenge of eating noodle bowl after noodle bowl to break the record.

"Just for the record, I never agreed to this!" Fei grumbled but she ate anyway.

Geto Suguru was no fool. "Yes, you did. You were the one who suggested going to this place, right Utahime?"

Utahime shrugged. "I'm staying out of this."

Hajime leaned over. "Do you want to ditch this? We're already full and I think they'll go for another hour."