[6] Beast

Warning: Implied NSFW

Reader POV

"What the hell did you just say?!" I looked at my coworker with a huge blush on my face.

"You heard me," Niana shrugged. "I want to go to a strip club with everyone for my birthday."

Nanami rubbed his temples. "You do realize I'm a man?"

"Womp womp." Niana shook her head. "You're coming with the party ONLY because I need a guy with muscles. Besides, who else would (y/n) be talking to?"

Namami looked at me and shrugged. "And when is this...party?"

"Saturday." Niana turned back to her work. "And don't even think about canceling."

Nanami and I both decided to have lunch together at the nearby cafe, both trying to make sense of our friend.

"I don't mind hanging out with you," Nanami said. "But I'd rather not hang out at a strip club."

"Agreed." I shuddered at the thought. "How about we just go for an hour then bounce? I'm not about the life of alcohol."

Nanami and I ate in silence until he spoke up again. "So how are you and the boys doing? I know you mentioned Ryomen getting into trouble at school."

"He placed a dead worm in his teacher's hands," I sighed. "And it's been getting weird. Do you remember Gojo Satoru?"

Nanami cracked his knuckles. "I wish I didn't."

"Alright, well he's their teacher."

"No shit?" He looked at me like I grew a second head. "Of all the professions..."

I twirled my pasta. "I don't know. It's kind of awkward if I'm being honest. He..." my voice trailed off as I genuinely didn't know what to make of it.

"Is he still bothering you?" Nanami reached out and took my hands. "Look, I'll be more than happy to help you. I live a few blocks away but if it means that you'll be comfortable seeing him, I will go with you."

"It's not that he's bothering me. It's...complicated. I noticed the other day he's wearing a necklace with our promise rings on it. It makes me uncomfortable."

"So he is bothering you." Nanami gently rubbed my hands. "You know that you can always talk with me, right?"

I recalled that Nanami was always there for me. When Satoru broke up with me, I cried on his shoulder. When Hajime and I got married, he walked me down the aisle with my father. When Hajime and my sister Fei both died in an accident, he rushed to the hospital and took care of the boys when I was grieving.

"I know. I can always count on you, Kento." I gave him a warm smile. "Thank you."

He grunted and I could see behind those normally cold eyes that he felt the same way, if not more happy. "Of course. If I wasn't here, your ass would probably be in a ditch somewhere."

"Wow, rude."

He flicked my forehead and went back to eating his sando. "Cry about it, (nickname)."

"Go fuck yourself, Kento."

"I only do so on Thursdays and Friday nights," he said with a serious face.

"Oh..."

"I'm obviously joking. Can we please eat?"

Saturday night came around and I had the boys sleep over at my parents' house, my mother insisting I could leave them with her until Monday mornings meaning I had the entire weekend to myself.