[5] MOTHER DEAREST

Reader POV

Lately I had been picking the boys up directly from school, something they both loved and would constantly brag to their friends how 'Pretty Mommy' would spoil them. I kept seeing Satoru and we would occasionally talk. But today was different.

The client kept trying to hit on me, something Nanami made explicitly clear wasn't ok. He was currently reprimanding the man and I stepped out to go get him some food before the poor man blew his top off. I checked the time and cursed.

"If you don't mind, it would be really helpful if you would pick the boys up," I said to Toji through the phone. "This client is taking too long to agree to our terms.

"Sure," Toji said. "You can count on me, (y/n)."

"Thanks. I'll call the school and make sure they don't give you trouble. I owe you." I turned back to my work after calling the school.

Toji POV

"Tsu, I'll be having the Itadori's over. Make sure you're home by 1900," I said to Tsumiki who was at a club. "And don't worry, I'll pick up Megumi."

She agreed and we ended the call. When I arrived at the school, they waved me in and made sure I was carrying no weapons as security was tight at the school.

"You!" I spotted little Ryomen wearing a duckling hat with a matching raincoat. "You're the monster who told Mommy to make me wear this!"

"Yeah!" Yuji was wearing a frog hat and matching raincoat. "I wanted to look like a dinosaur! You're evil!"

I grabbed Megumi's backpack. "Cool. Where's Megumi?"

"He's with me." Satoru came into view, Megumi holding his hand with shame on his face. "Megumi, do you want to tell your father what happened today?"

I raised an eyebrow at Satoru, giving him the dirtiest look. "And what did you do?"

"He-"

"I had an accident." Megumi stormed over behind me and held my leg. "Can we go home now?"

I looked in his backpack and sure enough, there was his clothes from this morning in a plastic bag. "Alright. It's okay, buddy. Go play with the twins, they'll be coming home with us."

"It wasn't a piss accident," Satoru said quickly as soon as Megumi was out of range. "He by accidentally slipped on mud and dropped his book. Don't worry, he has a new one."

I nodded. "Good. I should like to think my properly potty trained son wouldn't do anything."

"Whatever." Satoru began playing with the two rings on his necklace. "How's (nickname)? She must trust you a lot if she's letting you bring her sons home. She loves them more than life itself."

"We're fine." I gave him a curt nod. "Don't forget; you had your chance and you fucked it up. So now I'm stepping up and being a dad to those boys. We both know she prefers me instead. Those boys love me as well."

Satoru looked at me with a grin. "I don't think I asked, Toji. You do realize it's only a matter of time before she finds out about your wife, hm? Oh I mean your dead ones, both of them."

"Tsumiki's mother entrusted me with her on her deathbed," I said defensively. "And I only married her out of pity. It was honestly a friendship, I never consummated it."

"What do you think (nickname) will think knowing that you work at that club? In that district?" Satoru leaned forward. "The second she finds out about your other betrayals, who do you think she's going to turn to?"

I looked at him and scoffed. "Definitely not you, grandpa. If anything, she'd understand. Now fuck off and let me pick up the damn kids."

I guided the three of them out to the car, making a note that it was raining hard. I sent (y/n) a video of the boys splashing in the rain and Ryomen fussing over his hat that he was previously complaining about.