[4] When He Loved Her

As someone who just clocked in 45.15 hours at work, it sucks. L sanity W paycheck tho :)))) I just started watching season 2 of JJK and let me tell you Gojo can get it. The anime My Happy Marriage also has a manga and it's so wholesome. 11/10.

Reader POV

The boys had an early drop-off as I had to catch a flight to Singapore for work. I informed the school as well as Ryomen and Yuji that my best friend Kuga would be taking care of them. When I returned the next Monday after, I picked them up from school as they begged Kuga to tell me to do so and nagged me about it over video calls.

I looked down at the timetable. "Classroom A-2...oh, here it is." I spotted my two boys taking turns washing their hands and a pile of rocks next to the sink near the bathroom. "Boys!"

Ryomen turned around and his eyes lit up. "Mommy!!!" He ran towards me and threw himself on me, hugging me tightly. Yuji put his rock down and did the same.

"Hello, Itadori-San."

I froze at the sound of their voice and slowly turned around. It can't be! I knew their voices were the same, but I did not want to think the worst. "Satoru?"

There standing in front of me was my old classmate Gojo Satoru, though I knew him as someone else. Standing in front of me was my ex. He gave me a genuine smile and helped me up "It's been a while, (nickname)."

"(Nickname)?" Ryomen glared at him. "You know my mommy? You better not kiss her, that's Zenin' Megumi's dad's job!"

"Yeah!" Yuji backed his twin up. "He will fight you and his arms are big! His hands are probably bigger than your face!"

"BOYS." I looked down at them with a certain look and they immediately closed their mouths. "Go play with your rocks, I need to talk with your teacher briefly. Don't do anything stupid otherwise, Tofu is sleeping in my room tonight."

I stepped outside with Satoru, studying him with a bit of a frown. Gone was the playboy attitude that he used to pride himself in and replaced it with genuine happiness. "You've changed, for the better. You're not some punk-ass playboy anymore."

He scratched the back of his neck nervously. "I suppose not." His smile disappeared to give me a sad look. "How...how have you been, (nickname)?"

"Fine." I sat down on the bench next to the classroom door. "Just getting the boys settled with school."

Gojo nodded. "You know...when I was looking at the class roster and saw Itadori-Sukuna on two of my students' names, I thought nothing of it. Then in came your boys and I immediately knew. They're the spitting image of your husband but Ryomen has your attitude."

"Oh, you!" I smacked his side lightly. "My baby is perfect, both of them are. Yuji can also give attitude though it means someone pissed him off."

Gojo and I sat in silence, and then he spoke again. "So you and Toji, hm? I was never really fond of him, he used to have a thing for you back in high school. Guess it's working out now."

"Um, that is irrelevant," I said with a bite. "And for the record, he and I are just friends. Our kids are best friends, something I'm sure your blind ugly-ass can see."

"I suppose. But how have you been? I heard from Nanami that Hajime died. How are you dealing with everything."

I relaxed a bit and leaned against the wall, playing with my wedding ring. "It was hard in the beginning. The boys were four when he died. Ryomen and Yuji hardly remember their father. I try to incorporate him into their lives as much as I can. It probably explains why they cling to Toji so much. My boys think of him as a father figure."