[7] Rotisserie Chicken

Wow...a double update! Been a while since I've updated any story twice a day😳

Reader POV

I woke up to the delicious smell of breakfast. As soon as my feet touched the floor, I heard Tofu whimpering outside my door that as soon as I opened, the dog greeted me with kisses. I threw on Kento's shirt and found a pair of underwear, hitting the bathroom and thinking about last night.

Kento and I weren't strangers to each other, but even I was surprised by his actions. My face flared up when I saw the discarded condom in the trash bin along with the wrapper. He was so hot over me.

I knew that even though I had loved Hajime and still did, I was still allowed to have my own happiness. I looked at the time and paled when it read 1322.

"Good morning-er, I guess I should say afternoon." Kento was just in boxers, my eyes immediately traveling south. "(nickname), my eyes are up here."

"Sorry."

He came over and ruffled my hair. "I'm only teasing. Go sit down, I'll have food ready in a bit."

I stared at him as he cooked up some omurice, something that we both enjoyed. He added some scallions and placed some ketchup on the table after pouring (water/tea/coffee) for me.

"You feeling okay? Need painkillers?" He was already searching through the medicine cabinet.

"That sounds wonderful." He handed them to me and I took them. "So...about last night."

He raised an eyebrow. "Was it not good enough?"

"Huh?"

"Do you want me to show you how much I've been holding back?" He looked at me with a sly grin, licking his fingers sensually. "Are you not satisfied yet, (nickname)?"

Shits gonna make me act up-

"Um...how about we just eat? I like walking."

Kento chuckled. "If you wish."

So he doesn't regret it. How is this going to impact us? Are we going to pursue something or are we just going to move on?

Kento cracked his neck, letting out a sigh. "Well, go to the couch. I'm sure you're sore, I'll give you a massage."

Once the dishes were done, Kento gave me a nice massage, me sighing with relief at the ache in my joints. Tofu sat on his little dog bed loyally watching Kento's every move but never getting up.

My phone started ringing upstairs and Kento got it, handing to me.

"Hello?" I put her on speaker.

"(y/n)~! Girlie, did you and Nanami do it???" It was Nanami. "Give me all the details."

"It's none of your business. We'll see you in the office." Kento hung up abruptly.

I gave him a stare. "You know that she's only going to talk more?"

Kento leaned down and patted my head. "Let her. I told you, I've been waiting a long time. If you're not ready yet then I will respect your decision. But know we are still best friends and can be more if you wanted to."

The rest of the day was spent watching television and he went home right before dinner since he had somewhere to be tomorrow morning and didn't want to overstay.

"He left his socks here..." I frowned as I threw them into the washer. "Next time he comes over I'll give them to him."

Gathering my things, I went to the supermarket even though it was dinnertime and most closed later anyway. I went down the various aisles and put things in my basket that I knew the boys would want.

"Miss (y/n)!!"

I turned my head and saw Megumi, his father and sister waving to me. "Hello!"

Toji gave me a nod and I recalled how he was the stripper my friend so badly wanted to see. Once the kids were sent on a mission, Toji and I walked down the many food aisles together.

"So, your friend is a fan of me?" He teased. "It was a pretty far drive from here to there, I'm surprised to see you there."

"I don't work near the red light district, but my friend wanted to see you. I'm surprised to be honest."

Toji grunted and stopped. "And that man you were with? I'm upset I didn't get to see you watch me work."

"I knew you worked around there, but I thought you were a bartender or something."

He shrugged. "Well it pays the bills and I have money set aside for both my kids."

"I'm not judging you," I said as I put a hand on his shoulder. "If anything, I'm happy that you're working and providing for them. But if you ever need, my house is open if they want to sleep over. So you know they're ok."

"I appreciate it, I really do." Toji held my hand for a second and cleared his throat. "So your friend. Is he a coworker?"

"Oh, you mean Nanami Kento."

"That is Nanami Kento!? I remember him being scrawny."

I laughed a bit. "He's definitely had a glow up, though I never thought he was ugly."

"So do you like him or something?"

"I don't think that's appropriate to ask," I said quietly as we moved to the rotisserie chicken section of CoCost (author here dont wanna get sued lmao).

"I'm sorry, I just...I don't know." He scratched the back of his neck. "I thought that maybe..."

Before I could respond, Megumi ran up to his father with a bunch of sweets in his tiny hands. "Can I get these?! They're on sale and the nice lady gave me a sample."

"No. Put it back, you still have cookies at home you need to finish."

Megumi stumbled away and I took that chance to grab my chicken and get out. I did my shopping much faster than usual, though it was also good for my wallet. My mother sent me a picture of the boys with face paint, implying they went to the kids cafe. Yuji got a bee on his cheek and Ryomen got a skull, my mother voicing her disappointment but nevertheless gave in.

The night was spent meal prepping as I finally had time to do so and Toji sent me a text. I decided not to open it, not until later. I put my phone on sleep mode and went to enjoy my time.

Besides, when was the last time I had time truly to myself without responsibilities?

_______________

Yall Nanami can have me over anytime. Too bad he isn't real, but I do have a thing for nerdy yet jacked dudes😊