17

You ran up the stairs to Jungwon's room, knocking at his door with a ferocious hand.
"You awake yet? This is urgent." You called out, trying to keep it down. You were going to get Jungwon to kill you that day and you were firm on it especially after hearing Sunoo out.

With no answer, you twisted the knob with an unsteady hand,
"Jungwon what the..." You rattled with the locked handle a bit more, "Listen, I found a way to save you! Just open the door please!"

"Y/N go home..." Jungwon said, muffled by the door.

"Hear me out, please... Jungwon, I know just how to save you."

The door suddenly unlocked, but what you weren't expecting was Jungwon to wrench your body abruptly. Now you were on his bed beneath him, his iris flickering with an amber hue. The warmth of his body radiated onto your cold one and you could see the madness taking over his body. With not a millisecond more or any warning really, he attached his teeth to your neck. An excruciating pain hit you the very minute his fangs broke into your flesh, causing you to almost cry for help. How could Jaeyun endure it so well?

"Jungwon wait..." You clenched his shoulder blades as the pain grew.

Jungwon eased his teeth deeper into you, the sounds of him chugging down your liquids filling the November morning air. You stared lifelessly at the ceiling, getting used to the pain with time. You could empathize with Jungwon's need and want for blood, but were you really just going to die like this? Sure you wanted to die but you also wanted a formal goodbye. 

You laid there hopelessly, the minutes passing slower than the winter months. Your head grew lighter and lighter while parts of your body went numb. You could feel your body drift off while your skin went uncomfortably dry. You felt death falling upon you, giving you the courage to say something,
"Jungwon... I'm sorry I did this to you-"

"Jungwon what the hell are you doing?! Are you trying to kill her?" Jay came into the room to throw Jungwon off, the parted door now wide open. When you looked up at Jungwon, he had earned a red handprint on his face while your blood stained the corner of his lips.

The world went blurry with the slightest head movement as you tried to hunch yourself up. You somehow felt a lot better than you looked. Glancing down at your body, your skin was drained of its rosy hue, wrists thin to the bone and your eyesight was duller than ever.

"Y/N... I couldn't control myself I'm so sorry..." Jungwon trailed off, leaving the room before you could even insist for him to just finish you off.

"Y/N holy shit are you alright? I was going to just pretend I didn't see anything but you looked lifeless... I had to step in." Jay exclaimed. 

"What's going on? I just saw Jungwon leave the house." Jaeyun entered the room with many of the others following.

"Jungwon almost killed y/n just now." Jay sighed.

"Please I need to find him before it's too late..." You stood up, your legs shaking involuntarily.

"You barely have blood in your body are you joking?!" Jay crunched the front of his eyebrows together while seating you back down, "I think it's best Jungwon stays away for a while."

"No... I need to see him again just once before tomorrow."

"Tomorrow night?! What's tomorrow night?" Jay questioned.

"Just trust me please."

...

That morning you spent the day in Jay's room while he left with Heeseung and Sunghoon to go find Jungwon for you. Now you were the bedridden one and it was annoyingly boring and frustrating. You had to use the boys home phone to tell your parents you couldn't catch a train home and that you would stay the long weekend studying. It wasn't like you felt horribly weak but the boys wouldn't let you leave. For the first time in forever, Heeseung and Sunghoon had dropped their psychotic act and straight-up pitied your near-death experience. They talked a lot gentler that morning, Sunghoon even lending you a few of his clothes that fit way too big on you. But although they were now treating you like a princess in both worlds, it all felt like a crime. 

A  softly beating could be heard from outside of the door, along with the sounds of a plastic bag rustling, 
"Guess who bought you stuff." Jaeyun chirped with his head already peeping through. He sat down in the middle of the room, scattering items out of the bag one by one across the floor, "I haven't had modern-day human food in a while... Sort of forgot what tastes good..." He laughed to himself, "But I got apples and chocolate... I even bought iron supplements." He cheerfully shook the bottle of pills causing a loud rattle to bounce off the walls.