Chapter 7 - A Naughty Kid And A Surprise

A/N - Hi everyone, how are you doing? Thanks for the lovely comments. You guys are amazing. <3

This chapter is dedicated to ANKIKOMAL. Thanks for the comment girl! :)

Happy reading. :)

_____________

Author's POV

A few weeks after the beach-weekend, this morning Randhir was ready for his office, while Sanyukta was cooking his signature breakfast.

"Sanyu, where's my blue file? Tumne kahin dekhi hai? Arre jaldi aao, please find it for me babe," hearing this, sanyukta simmered the gas and ran upstairs to help him with his treasure hunt. Yeah, every morning of theirs was likewise this one.

Sanyukta entered their room and saw a frustrated Randhir sitting on the couch, while she went through their wardrobe to hand him his file.

He thanked her and she asked him to come for breakfast.

"Sanyukta, mujhe aaj aaloo parantha khaana hai, can you make it for me please? Roz Roz cereal and juice nahi khaya jaata mujhse," pleaded Randhir, with a cute pout adorning his lips, making sanyukta smile.

"Randhir, ab tumhe late ho jayega, kal bana lungi main paranthe, ab jao office," Sanyukta retorted as she knew what she was doing, and she was very much ready to feed him with his favourite dish.

"Sanyukta, please please please! Maine itne saalon se ghar ke bane paranthe nahi khaaye," snorted Randhir as he let out his sad face and this action of his melted her heart, and the whole plan of making Randhir wait died a dreadful death.

"Okay Randhir, tum tab tak TV dekho, main 10 minute mein banakar laati hun tumhare paranthe, NOW GO!" with this Sanyukta pushed him out of their kitchen, and began with kneading the dough.

After 15 minutes, "Ron, come. Your paranthas are ready!" roared Sanyukta with satisfaction after plating the delicious food along with yoghurt, for her adorable husband.

"OH MY GOD, You made it! Yay!" Exclaimed Randhir with loads of excitement after looking at the sinful eatables on the dinning table.

"Randhir, you're such a kid!" laughed Sanyukta. This statement made Randhir smirk wider while he took predatory steps towards her.

He would show her, how much of a kid he was, though Randhir to himself. As he saw Sanyukta's laugh fading and understanding his further actions.

The very old theory, she takes one step back, and he takes one step forward. This continued until she was stopped by the dinning table, this was IT.

"Now tell me baby, how much of a kid I am?" said Randhir.

As soon as she heard his husky voice uttering these words, her breath hitched. She was suddenly self conscious and felt nervous.

"Randhir, y..you'll be late to office and..and.." she was suddenly stopped by a wet kiss on her cheek, flabbergasted.

"Laters baby," he whispered huskily in her ear and broke their hug.

She panted hard with slow breaths, as she saw him leaving through the doors in the hallway.

She then finished eating her breakfast and got busy with the house chores.

It was 6 in the evening when she was finally done with her work, while she came of the kitchen with a cup of tea. Switching the TV on, she was about to settle herself on the soft couch, when she heard the doorbell going off.

She was confused, normally Randhir comes at 8, it won't be him. Who else would visit us at this hour of time, without notice?

Lost in her thoughts, she was again interrupted by another doorbell, and she quickly rushed towards the door.

The moment she opened the door, she was surprised. Actually she was shocked.

Firstly, she wasn't in her best clothes. Secondly, they would judge her for the way she looked, that is total mess. She had her hair in a messy bun, while the tank top and shorts sticking to her body, would attract more problems for her.

You might be wondering, who are the visitors?

Sanyukta's POV

Well, my IN-LAWS are here.

Great, just great!

Randhir's not home, how would I make them understand about my clothes?

Of course, no parent-in-law would like to see their daughter-in-law in such clothes. They would expect a saree or at least a salwar suit.

But this would not be acceptable for them and they would definitely blame Randhir....

"Sanyukta beta, let us in, we're standing here since long,"said papaji, as they both entered the hallway, and made themselves comfortable on the sofa.

I went towards them and touched their feet as they stood up, to bless me.

When they settled down, out of nervousness I started speaking, "Woh..umm mummyji Mai woh ghar ki safai karke mein busy thi..iss...isiliye kapde.. Ummm sorry, main abhi change karke aayi." I ran upstairs to our room, I didn't even want to look at their faces, because that would meant disrespecting them.

I calmed myself down and changed into a heavy fuchsia dress, that made me look more presentable than I looked in my previous attire.

I took slow steps downstairs, where they were waiting for their daughter-in-law.

I greeted them again, and went back into the kitchen to prepare some snacks and tea.

I took the tray into the hallway and kept it on the coffee table. I slowly handed them their cups and stood beside mummyji's place.

Author's POV

"Beta, have a seat. We don't want you to behave like a typical Indian bahu. We know how beautiful you are inside and out. So you don't have to fear us." said Harsh, Randhir's father and now Sanyukta's father in law.

"Right, Sanyukta, treat us the way you treat your parents. We don't want you to change yourself for us. After all you're the reason of our Randhir's happiness. We love you as much as we love Randhir. So you don't have to shy away and wear such typical dresses. We love you for what you are, beta." smiled Renuka, Randhir's mother and now Sanyukta's mother in law.

Sanyukta was flabbergasted. She never expected to have such amazing parents in law. She was so happy.

"Yeah beta, now come give us a warm hug! That's how you should welcome us, okay?" said Harsh, as he stretched his arms.

Sanyukta hugged both of them, while happy tears trailed down her cheeks.

They then talked about how sanyukta had changed Randhir, about sanyukta's education and future plans.

The doorbell rung again, hinting at Randhir's arrival.

Sanyukta ran to get the door, as she was happy and excited to see him after spending the whole day without him.

__________

Let me know what you think of this chapter.

Love,

Karishma. <3