Chapter 30 - THE END

"Did she enter?" came whispers around the house.

"Shh... Get ready, 1...2....3." someone roared, bringing the planned actions of present people into life.

"Surprise!" "Happy Birthday Kaustu!" hooted everyone, as they screeched the party poppers and balloons, seeing Kaustuki enter through the doorstep.

"Oh grace. And I thought that you guys never knew that it's my birthday today," sighed Kaustuki with a million dollar smile, making her look even more prettier than she already was. It was her birthday and she didn't expect any surprises, like everytime, since she'd been living alone in the city with the least people to interact with.

"How could we ever forget things about our princess, hai na jaan?" exclaimed Randhir, as he held onto sanyukta's shoulder, who was all stout with the visibly beautiful baby bump.

Yeah, it was her ninth month and the D DAY was due any day this week.

In case you don't understand how Randhir took care of her these days, I'll explain.

Two weeks ago was 'Karwa Chauth'. The most awaited day for Indian wives and other family members, where wives observe 'no food and no water' fast, for the wellbeing and longer life of their husbands.

Sanyukta was determined to act on this fast, but randhir being himself, didn't let her follow it.

Instead he starved for food and water for Sanyukta's longer life and wellbeing. Wow!

So yeah, by this time you might have figured how pampered she was being these days, by Randhir.

Kaustuki wasn't less. She never allowed sanyukta to leave the house, no matter what happened. She always made sure that she was served with what she desired of, and catered with utmost attention.

Kaustuki was now a PA to Sanyukta too, since she had been working with Shekhawat Holdings Inc. until her due maternal leave.

And handling Randhir's work wasn't less tiring, she indeed was a great hard working person. She never complained about excess work load or personal excuses, rather she worked all day, and catered to Sanyukta's needs all night.

She was now a '2 am friend' to the duo. It was like the three of them living as friends in an independent apartment.

Not to forget Aunty Mary, she was the only one who could tame the three 'kids'. Yeah, that's what she termed them.

And today, she was the one taking care of the decorations and food arrangements of the party. The cake was brought by Maya and Vardhan.

The party had been filled with only their close friends, Randhir and Sanyukta's parents, etcetera.

Coming back to this moment, Kaustuki was super excited about the party. She couldn't hold the contentment in her heart. It was like all her favourite chocolates were being shoved into her mouth, at once.

She was happy, and enlightened. She had never expected anything such grand.

Out of her reverie, she was also brought to the centre of the living room, where the three tiered cake resided.

She blew the candles, before cutting the cake, with everyone singing the signature birthday song, in the background.

She first fed the cake to Maya and Vardhan, then Sanyukta and Randhir, and also was fed by them in return.

Not longer, did she see Yo Yo coming through the stairs, while the soft music led to other guests tapping their feet to its rhythm.

He descended from the stairs, towards her, while she sipped the glass of white wine, holding herself in place, still.