Chapter 20 - Of Traits And Traps

Hey there, here's the second update for the day! The Revelation is here! ;)
Thanks for the love people! 300+ votes and 8k views! My Almighty!
Happy Reading! <3
_________
Author's P.O.V.
The next morning passed in a jiffy, with their old chores.
Sanyukta had to take care of her diet, after all she was carrying two babies inside her womb. And so, Randhir had appointed a maid, to cater to the needs of the house and it's residents.
Randhir had gone to office, to have a talk with kaustuki. The duo had a plan in their mind, that they discussed the previous night.
Randhir wasn't sure if Kaustuki would agree to help them or not, but he would try his best to convince her.
He went inside his office, ordered for his regular Starbucks latté, as he got back to work, not before warning the receptionist to inform him as and when Kaustuki enters the empire premises.
After a few minutes, his office phone rung, making him intake slow breaths.
"Sir, Ms. Sherpa has signed into the attendance register now, and she has been intimated to meet you as soon as she can. She will be up in a few minutes, sir. Anything else you want me to do?" said the receptionist in her extra-sweet-sugar-coated voice, that pissed him off, like nothing else did.
"No, thanks." He murmured while disconnecting the phone, as he couldn't tolerate her voice, or maybe he was extra stressed about discussing the plan with Kaustuki.
Kaustuki's P.O.V.
It's the third day of my work, and still I feel jittery everytime I look at the people in here. It feels so intoxicating yet feverish.
Now this bitchy receptionist looks me in the eyes, and motions me to come towards her. God knows how such people land up here.
"Ms. Kaustuki Sherpa, I have been ordered to send you in Mr. Shekhawat's office, as he has been expecting your arrival." She muttered in her sleek yet annoying voice.
"I hope you haven't forgotten the way to his office," she said. Huh. Finally she said it. She can never communicate with anyone in a civilized manner, without pinching them with those sarcastic comments.
Fuck you, bimbo!
I turned on my heels, as I proceeded on my way towards Randhir Sir's office, after placing my bag and belongings in my cabin.
God only knows what more is left. First the photograph has tarnished my reputation and the scary feeling about my parents seeing and knowing about it. And now, suddenly in the early hours, sir has something to say (order).
Author's P.O.V.
Murmuring to herself, mindlessly, she knocked the door of his office.
She entered, after hearing his curt 'Yes, come in,'.
Randhir drank his coffee, as he gulped mentally about facing Kaustuki and making her understand the plan.
"Please have a seat, Ms. Sherpa," he said, as he motioned her to sit on the chair facing him.
"I know you are wondering about what I want to say now? Kaustuki, we both know that Ishika is the one behind the photoshopped picture incident, and now that it might also affect your family, I and Sanyukta have figured out a plan to trap Ishika in her own deeds and put her behind the bars. Do you want me to continue further, and consider that you will associate us with the plan?" Asked Randhir, in the most formal tone he could bring out, from his shaken voice, curtly. He had to be determined and firm, only then he would feel more confident about the 'talk'.
"Ummm, Sir. I don't want my family to know about any of this. I'll do anything to make it right. I never thought that Ishika, who once was a good friend to me, would do this to me. I feel ashamed of myself, for even considering her as a best mate, at that time of my life. I regret my decision of befriending her."
"Okay, here you go. Listen to me very carefully. We want you to act like you regret breaking your friendship with Ishika. And we want you to stay with her, to assist her in her plans, to make her dependent on you, to make her believe that you are against us too, so we can trap her at the right time. Mind me, you need to act like this, are you okay with this?" he said, as he finally found the courage coming back to his veins, he wanted this plan to work out, anyhow.
__________
Do comment, please! Your comments keep me going! I won't be able to update tomorrow, as I will be outdoors the whole day. So I'll try to give the next update till today evening.
Lovingly,
Karishma. <3