Chapter 24

Viola had been staring at Leon's sleeping face for at least 15 minutes. She wanted to get up and leave but could not seem to be able to release herself from Leon's arms without waking him up. Such a handsome face. She never had the chance to study his face carefully. They hardly saw each other and Viola got nervous every time Leon was near her. She touched his eyebrows which Viola noticed he would unconsciously scratch when he was thinking.

Leon startled Viola when he suddenly grabbed her hand.

"I... I'm sorry!" Viola panicked. She was caught red handed.

He kissed her fingers. "Good morning."

"You... are awake?" She pulled her hand away, laughing nervously. Her heart almost leapt out.

"Wash your face. You have to go to work, don't you?" He kissed her cheek and got up from bed.

"Madam, are you okay?" Aria suddenly popped up by the bed side. She had been let in by Leon.

Viola turned to Aria. "Aria?"

"Are you feeling unwell? You face is... red." Aria placed her hand on Viola's forehead.

"I... I'm fine!" Viola covered her face. "I'm going back to my room."

"Madam, what do we do with the... flowers?" Aria pointed to the now withered Winter Luna.

"Umm... please leave it in my room. I'll think about it later."

Viola was ready to leave when Nadia called her to the dining room. When she entered, the maids had just finished setting up breakfast for two. Leon was already sitting there reading newspaper.

"Take a seat." Leon folded the newspaper.

"But I need to leave now." Viola pointed at her watch.

"I'll send you."

Viola wanted to refuse his offer but did not want to argue with him so she took the seat next to him and started eating. The maids watched them from behind, trying to suppress a giggle.

"Young Master, the Master has been feeling down lately." Nadia spoke as she refilled the water in Leon's glass.

Leon did not answer. He continued eating.

"Is Mr. Oliver sick?" Viola asked, concerned.

"There is nothing wrong with his health. That old man is just asking for attention as usual." Leon replied in annoyance.

"Don't talk about your father like that." Viola defended her father-in-law. Despite the silly behaviors he projected sometimes, Viola knew Ian was a good man.

"Whatever." He grunted.

"Tell him I'll see him next weekend." He told Nadia and turned his head to Viola. "And you are going with me since you seem to like my dad very much."

"Wha... what??"

Leon's phone rang and he saw the caller ID. "I'll wait for you in the car." Leon grabbed his suit and left the room to take the call.

"Sorry about that, Madam." Nadia sighed.

"It's alright, Nadia. I can use the time to meet my dad too." Viola smiled.

Leon did not say anything when Viola boarded the car. He was busy reading the documents on his hand.

The ride was quiet until Leon suddenly called her name.

"Viola." His tone was low and serious.

Viola turned her head. Her big emerald eyes were looking at him innocently

"I know I promise you I will let you meet Walter Aran if we find him." Viola nodded. She did not expect Leon still remembered it.

Leon paused for a while. "I don't think I can let you meet him." He breathed out a heavy sigh.

"Oh..." Viola knew Leon would not bother to help her but she could not help feeling disappointed when she heard him saying it in her face.

"It... it's fine, you know." Viola tried not to show her disappointment. "It's not that... you have to do it. It's my family problem. Umm... I will sort that out myself."

"That's not what I mean." Leon's tone grew serious. "I don't want you to have anything to do with him at all."

"But I need to know why he..." Viola protested.

Leon cut her sentence and grabbed her shoulders. "Listen to me, Viola. Don't meet him. He is dangerous."

Dangerous? Viola looked pale. "Do you know something?"

Leon was silent for a moment.

"Leon!"

"I suspect... he had something to do with your accident." Leon tried to keep himself calm. He remembered the report he read last night.

Viola gasped. "You mean someone was trying to kill me that day? Why would Walter..." Viola clenched her hands tightly. "Do you... have any proof?"

Leon shook his head. "No, not yet. But I will find it."

Viola pushed his hands away. "Tell me where he is. I need to hear it from him." Her eyes were watery.

"I told you he is dangerous!" Leon raised his voice. "What would you meet him for? It's not like the two of you can go back..." Leon stopped himself.

Viola bit her lip, trying to suppress her tears from falling down. Leon was right. She was married. But she wanted to know the truth. She could not forget Walter's betrayed expression the last time she saw him. What if he really had nothing to do with what happened in Mir? Viola would feel guilty for the rest of her life.

"I want to know the truth." Viola insisted.

Leon's face turned dark. "Suit yourself." He asked Tom to stop the car and he got off, letting Tom driving Viola alone. His assistant did not dare to ask anything. He nodded and drove off.

Leon was angry with her. Now sitting inside the car alone, Viola remembered the warmth from last night. She wiped her tears away and closed her eyes. The Winter Luna magic was over.