Research

Nev Schulman

Kamie and I are currently in my hotel room and I position the camera in front of us and turned it on.

"Okay, let's crack this case open and start researching." I said as I open my laptop and check my email to see if Gianna had the chance to send me Matt's info.

"Here's an email from Gianna. It says, Hey Nev and Kamie here's all that I have on Matt. His name is Matt G, he didn't give me an actual last name when I asked, just an initial. He said he's from Las Vegas, but with his modeling career he bounces between New York and California. His phone number is (702) 555-7439 and here's the voicemail that he left me, hope that is put into use. Happy hunting (:" I read the email out loud for Kamie.

"Okay let's start with the obvious, the phone number." Kamie said. I copied and paste the phone number into the search engine and wait for it to load, until a name popped up.

"We have a partial name, M Gubler." I said as we look at the computer screen

"At least we got a last name and that it's a Vegas number." Kamie replied.

"Let's try search up 'Matt Gubler model' " I told Kamie and she nodded. I pulled up Google and search it up and looked at the results.

"Could this be him?" I said as I look at his modeling pictures, then I continue scrolling through the images then Kamie gasped.

"Oh my god! I know who he is. He's an actor. He's in that crime show, Criminal Minds. He's famous, I mean actually famous." She exclaimed. I squint at the picture and then thought about the show and then a lightbulb turned on above my head.

"You're right! That is him. But the real question we gotta ask ourselves.. is Gianna talking to this guy or not?" I said.

"Look, there's a video of him, it looks like some sort of interview. We have that voicemail that Gianna sent us. We should compare their voices and see if it's a match." Kamie said, pointing at the screen. I click on the video and we listen to it and then we listen to the voicemail.

"They sound similar, it could be him that's talking to Gianna." Kamie said.

"Or someone who sounds like him." I replied. I didn't wanna doubt that this guy is actually talking to Gianna, but people thinking they're talking to celebrities doesn't always end well. So I'm just keeping my mind open.

"Well, I think we've found enough info on Matt, we should go tell Gianna what we found." I told Kamie and she nodded. I closed my laptop and turned off the camera.

***

Gianna Brinley

I'm currently home, taking a bath. I have my mini table set up across my tub.

I'm currently drinking wine, eating chocolate covered strawberries, and watching my comfort show Criminal Minds

I'm currently drinking wine, eating chocolate covered strawberries, and watching my comfort show Criminal Minds. After a long day at work, I deserve this so much.

As I'm watching the show, my phone begins to ring. I thought I turned it off, guess not. I didn't bother checking the caller ID as I picked up the phone.

"Whoever this is, you better have a damn good excuse as to why you're interupting my me time." I told the person on the other end.

"Uhm, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was a bad time, I can call later if you want." I heard Matt say. Oh shit. We haven't talked since that night, and he hasn't tried calling or texting me till now. I didn't wanna be rude, so I just decided to talk to him.

"No, it's fine. I didn't bother looking at who was calling." I told him.

"How was your day?" He asked me.

"It was fine, same old thing. Wake up, go to work, come home. Nothing new." I replied.

"Figured. What are you watching?" He asked me. I didn't know that my iPad was that loud.

"Criminal Minds." I answered.

"What episode?"

"Revelations, it's sad. I feel bad for Reid, he doesn't deserve to get hurt like that. Do you watch?" I asked.

"Not exactly." My face scrunched with confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I know the show, but I don't really watch it." He said.

"Okayy."

"Who's your favorite character?"

"Reid, of course."

"Really? I thought you was gonna say Morgan."

"Oh, no. I mean don't get me wrong, he's a hunk, but he's too full of himself. I know Shemar is probably not like that in real life though."

"I beg to differ." He mumbled, but I heard him. Weird.

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing. Why Reid?" He asked me.

"Cause he's a hot, spunky nerd. He can ramble facts to me anyday. Under his suit, I bet is definitely all man." I said, getting hot and bothered in the tub thinking about Spencer Reid. I heard Matt laugh on the other end.

"You know, you kinda sound like him and you both have a similar name. His name is Matthew Gray Gubler and your name is Matt G."

"That's a funny coincidence." He said nervously, my phone was beeping and I see that Nev is calling.

"Hold on, I'm getting another call." I told Matt and put him on hold.

"Hey Nev, what do you got for me?"

"Kamie and I did some research on Matt and we found some stuff, so whenever you're free we'd like to show you what we found." He said.

"That's great! How about tomorrow at 4:30p? I'm off from Old Navy, but I work at Bath and Body Works till 4:30. Where did you wanna meet?"

"I think there's a coffee shop close by the mall that you work at, so I'll send you the location tomorrow." He said.

"Okay sounds good."

"Have a goodnight."

"You too." I said and hung up the call and went back to Matt's call.

"Hey, you still there?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I gotta cut our conversation short because I gotta get out the shower and head to bed because I have work tomorrow."

"Alright, goodnight." I hung up the phone and got out the tub.

As I head to my room and lay in bed, I start to think about tomorrow and what Nev and Kamie found on Matt.

I hope he's who he says he is.