Sit Down

Gianna Brinley

"Okay, that is all. Enjoy the rest of your guys day." My manager, Rebecca, said to everyone in the conference room. We all shuffled out the room one by one. I turned my phone on and texted Nev saying I'm done and he texted me the location where we're meeting Matt today.

Matt.

I hope today goes well, I was a bitch to him yesterday. I felt bad when I got home, but he kinda deserved it.

I pull into the little diner and head on in. As I step in, I look around and see Nev, Kamie, and Matt sitting at a booth.

Nev and Matt are sitting in the booth and Kamie is sitting on one of the chairs

Nev and Matt are sitting in the booth and Kamie is sitting on one of the chairs. I walk up to the table and sit on the other chair, across from Matt.

He smiles at me and I gave him a small smile back, which made him smile wider

"Hey, how was that work meeting?" Kamie asked me.

"It was alright, honestly a waste of time. My bosses always say the exact same thing every meeting because there's employees that don't know how to do their job, and everyone has to be reminded. Like majority of everyone knows who's fucking up and even if we help them, they still don't learn and I'm just sick of it. Sorry, I'm rambling. Work just really stresses me out, but that's retail right?" I ranted and I stopped before I rambled on more.

Kamie puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Okay, so you know why we're all here. So if one of you wanna go first." Nev said, breaking the tension. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"First off, I wanna apologize for the way I acted towards you and how I treated you. In a way, you did deserve it, but I didn't have to blow up the way that I did and should've let you explain yourself. So I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt today and I'll decide if I'm willing to forgive you." I looked at him and there's a gleam in his eye and nodded his head.

"I also wanna apologize for lying to you basically the entire time of us talking. I didn't mean for it to go this long, I wanted to tell you eventually about me because I hate lying to you and knowing that I was hurting you. I'm thankful that you didn't give up on me, I would've been devestated because you're part of my life and you play a big role in it. At the time, I thought it was a good idea to not tell you, but overtime I felt guilty each day. I know about your life and that you wouldn't hurt me, but I always had that 'what if' thought lingering in my head. I know I made this mistake, but this is the only mistake I'm gonna make. I'm not perfect, but I want you to know that if you forgive me, I'm gonna make it up to you everyday for the rest of my life." Matt said, reaching out for my hand and holding it in his. I started tearing up a bit and he noticed, so he leaned over the table and wiped my tears away.

"I forgive you." I told him.

I know it was quick, but you only live one life and it takes a while to find someone that you share a deep connection with and I can't let him go. I really do care for him and I think it's more than like.

I've felt like this for him for a long time, I just didn't accept it because I didn't wanna get my hopes up for someone who would break my heart in the end. But now, that we've met, I still feel that pull that I felt since the beginning and I don't think he will hurt me after this.

"I guess that means you guys are good?" Nev asked and we nodded. Him and Kamie got up.

"We're gonna give you guys some privacy and sit down and talk more." Kamie said as her and Nev went to the other side of the diner while Matt and I was left at the table together. I got up and slid into the booth and sat next to Matt. He grabbed my hand and entertwined mine with his and kissed my palm.

"So.. is this like our first date?" I asked him and he smiled and put his head down.

"This is our quote unquote unofficial first date, but I would eventually take you out on a proper date without all these cameras on us." He said as he looked around and have the crew staring and filming us.

"Oh before I forget, I brought this for you." He said to me and he grabs something from his side and pass it to me. As he hands it to me, I smile instantly.

 As he hands it to me, I smile instantly

"This is really corny." I said as we laughed.

"You say corny, I say romantic. It gets better." He said as he nods, signaling me to open it up. I open up the cover and see a familiar quote.

 I open up the cover and see a familiar quote

"Thomas Merton. He's the one thing that'll never be taken from us." I said smiling at the quote and looking up at him, now I'm being corny.

"Now you're being the corny one." He said as we laughed.

We sat in silence and just gazed into each others eyes, taking in everything.

He's so handsome.

God, his eyes.

His hair.

Just everything.

I noticed him leaning in and I stayed put. There was no more space between us and I felt his lips on mine.

Am I dreaming right now?

No.

Oh my god, kiss him back.

I put my hand on the side of his neck and kissed him back, it was really passionate. He basically was eating my face at this point and I didn't mind at all.

I pulled away first because I needed to breathe.

"That was.. something." I said to him and he smiled, brushing my hair out my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"I've been wanting to do that since I saw you yesterday, but I couldn't since we wasn't on good terms. Now that we are, I knew I needed to or else I would regret not doing it before you leave." He replied. He took a deep breath and got serious.

"So.. where do we go from here?" He asked.