Blocked

Gianna Brinley

I was woken up by my phone ringing. I don't remember setting an alarm.

I lazily picked up my phone, eyes are blinded by eye boogers, still confused what's going on.

"Hello?" I said groggily, not bothering to look who's calling.

"Gianna, hey it's Nev. Did I catch you at the wrong time?" He said on the other end.

"Kinda, I was still sleeping, but it's okay. What's up?" I asked him as I sit up in bed and lean against my headboard.

"Matt got back to me, so Kamie and I wanna meet up with you and tell you about it and see where to go from there."

"Sounds good. I'm gonna get up, get ready, and I'll send you my address and we can talk here at my place." I told him and he agreed.

I slept in for about 15 more minutes, till I got up and shower. Since I'm not going anywhere cause Nev and Kamie are coming over, I'm just gonna dress casual.

I texted Nev my address, letting him know that him and Kamie can come over now since I'm ready

I texted Nev my address, letting him know that him and Kamie can come over now since I'm ready. Since I didn't eat anything yet, I got up and decided to make breakfast and coffee.

 Since I didn't eat anything yet, I got up and decided to make breakfast and coffee

I posted it on Instagram and I had this feeling inside of me signaling that somethings wrong

I posted it on Instagram and I had this feeling inside of me signaling that somethings wrong. I look up Matt's contact and tried calling him, but it wasn't going through. So I went to my messages and pulled up our texts and tried texting him, but it wasn't going through.

Did he block me?

I heard the doorbell ring, so I walked up the door and opened it to see Nev and Kamie.

"Hey guys, come in to my humble abode." I told them and they walked in and sat on my couch in the living room.

"I made breakfast and coffee for you guys, hopefully you didn't eat yet." I let them know and guided them to the kitchen to show them the different selections they can choose from.

"Thank you G." Kamie said as I passed them plates and utensils. We all sat at the dining table and Nev got down to business.

"Soo, Matt. He got back to us last night and he sounded kinda suspicious." Nev said and I looked at him confused.

"Suspicious, how?" I asked.

Nev pulled his phone out his pocket and started reading his conversation between Matt out loud.

"So yesterday I left him a voicemail saying about how you contacted us to help you meet him and that you wanna know the truth whether you're talking to Matthew Gray Gubler or not and to contact me when he gets the chance. So later in the night when we split paths yesterday, I got a text from him saying that he didn't know that you contacted the show-" I cut Nev off.

"Yeah I didn't tell him because, at the time, I didn't think he needed to know. I basically wanted to kinda surprise him, but also make him realize that this is the last straw and he needs to fess up now or I'm done with him." I said to the both of them.

"He also said as much as he wants to meet you, he can't because of work." Kamie said.

"That's bullshit."

"Exactly!"

"So then I replied saying, that you care about him and that you just wanna move on from this since he's holding you back and all you want is to meet him and end this and have closure and that's when he agreed to meeting you, us."

"That's great." I said, not in a happy way though. Like don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I'm finally gonna get to meet him, but I'm scared to be let down and get hurt.

"But here's where the weird part comes to play. When he agreed to meeting, he said that he's nervous and scared and that he hasn't been completely honest with you." Nev said to me and is scrunch my face up.

"Is he trying to say he's not him? He's a literal catfish, playing me?" I said and they both shrug their shoulders.

"We don't know yet. But what we do know is that he's agreed to meet with us tomorrow, so it's now up to you if you're up for it or not." Kamie replied and I sat there and thought about it.

Am I ready to meet him?

Can I actually go through with this?

It's been 3 years, I owe it to myself.

"I'm ready." I told them.

"Great! I'll text Matt and let him know."

"Wait, before you do that, I actually have something to tell you guys." They both looked at me, signaling to continue.

"Last night, when I got home from work, Matt called me screaming saying why I called into the show and that I could've handled this situation differently and that I don't trust him and he was basically trying to point fingers at me and blame me, so that's when I snapped. I told him that I was all outta options and that this was my last resort and I told him that I don't trust him because I feel like I don't even know him anymore and that he's not the person I thought I knew 3 years ago and that he should stop using work as an excuse to not see me and I'm just sick of it. I told him to be a man and act like you want me and care for me instead of just saying it. I even tried to get him to confess about if he's really Matthew Gray Gubler, but he couldn't even give me that so I hung up on him and then this morning I found out that he blocked me so I can't text or call him."

"Wow, are you serious? That's messed up." Kamie said, comforting me.

"Well, he said he'll meet us tomorrow at around 3pm." Nev said as he reads the text Matt sent him.

"IF he even shows up." I said to them.

"We shall see. So we'll come by tomorrow and pick you up and head to wherever he wants to meet." He said before him and Kamie left.

At this point, I just wanna get this over with and done.