"we are the champions of the world"

Rowan Pierce had never been good at goodbyes. So, for her to let not one, but five of her best friends leave to completely different parts of the country, shattered her heart entirely.

"Thanks for being the best roommate. I'll miss you so much," Jenny sobbed into Rowan's shoulder as they hugged in front of her gate.

"I'll miss you too. I promise to call you all the time, and it was fun living with you," Rowan said, rubbing Jen's back.

"So I guess this..." Matt tried to say, not entirely sure what the separation would do to their relationship.

"Yeah, goodbye, Matt," Jenny whispered, slowly turning around as she bordered the plane.

"I don't know how I'm gonna do it without you all," Mabel cried, looking back at them over Harper's shoulder outside of her gate.

"We'll figure things out," Brady tried to stay positive.

"Bye, guys," Mabel said, unable to make eye contact as she left.

Brady was next to leave the group, breaking each of their hearts a little more.

"Thanks for saving me from all the girls," Matt chuckled, being Brady into a hug.

"Wouldn't have it any other way."

Harper Clayton then led the now trio, to her gate. "I'm so not ready for this."

"Neither am I," Rowan agreed.

The two girls hugged for a long moment, thinking about all the good times they had over the trip -- Dean and Fulton accidentally hitting on them, sobbing over movies, all the bus ride talks -- and it was now just a memory.

"Matt, we fought a lot. But I wouldn't have wanted to fight with anyone else," Harper tried to control her tears.

"I guess that just leaves us," Rowan sighed as she and Matt walked to the other side of the airport. "Are you gonna be okay? You know, with Jenny?"

"Yeah, I'll manage. I knew perfectly well what I was getting into when we started dating. It's not like we could stay there forever."

"I know you hate when I cry, but you've been a brother to me. and I'm really, really gonna miss you -- and your stupid 3 pm pajamas," She laughed.

"I do love you. You're my favorite person to complain with," Matt admitted.

"Matthew Tocra, I love you so much, and you're my favorite person to complain with."

"I'll call you to complain."

"I'll be waiting for those calls," Rowan said

Just as Matt entered the hall into the plane, she turned around and let a few sobs escape. She immediately felt a pair of arms wrap around her, slightly rocking her while she cried.

"Do you think things are going to be different when we get back home?" Adam asked as they watched the clouds out the plane window.

"I don't know. How much can really change in under two months?" Rowan shrugged.

"Think about how much changed on one team within that same amount of time -- what's an entire town gonna be like?"