ROTTERDAM

liked by caradelevingne and 531

liked by caradelevingne and 531.111 others

marlenarrr Last night in New York. Thank you @versace
Rotterdam, I'm coming for you!

Comments disabled

...

-19 may 2021-

"Have a nice stay."

"Thank you!" I smile tiredly at the stewardess behind the counter, forgetting about the mask in my face.

I follow the path that leads to the luggage reclaim. The waiting tempts me to fall asleep but luckily my phone rings and pulls me out of the trance I am in.

"Nikkie?" I answer the call.

"Oh my god Marlena, finally. I tried to reach you for the past half hour." a slightly too energetic Nikkie blares through my headphones.

"Well, airplane mode is a bitch."

"So you arrived in Rotterdam?"

"Yup! After 12 hours, I'm finally here." I tell her rather not excited.

"I'm so sorry!"

"You owe me Nikkie, big time!" I say seriously.

"Of course. Anyway, a worker from Rotterdam Ahoy is waiting outside for you. He'll bring you to the hotel."

"Okay, thank you."

"No big deal, you're the one saving my ass here. That's the least I can do for you!"

We hang up. I glance at my phone, it's 5.27 am. I can't believe that I actually am doing her that favour.

Well, it's not exactly a favour because I will get paid for anchoring the Eurovision grand finale but still! It was a last minute decision. Now I will have to learn the text -the others practiced for a month- in two days.

I make my way towards the exit. Outside a few flashlights hit my face.

Paparazzis

"It's not even six yet and you're already up to see me, go back to sleep!" I say, holding my hands in front of my face.

I don't have any make up on because I flew 12 hours from New York to Rotterdam. Nikkie contacted me a few days ago and I accepted immediately.

Ever since I finished school, my life is a hustle. Fashion shows, shootings and castings for popular brands drew people's attention to me. Now I'm a big name (not only in Europe but also America) in the fashion and entertainment industry, that's why Eurovision decided to contact me.