DRINKS

"Hello everybody!" I say as Thomas and I approach a lounge with armchairs and low tables.

Damiano and the drummer sit already in an armchair each. Thomas goes to greet them with a handshake and then sits down in an armchair as well. I first hug Damiano and then the long-haired-guy.

"I haven't properly introduced myself yet." he starts.

"I'm Ethan. You're Marlena, right?"

"Yes, that's me." I smile at him.

I guess the famous Marlena already was a conversation topic.

Looking around there only is a spare couch left. I take a seat and put off my jacket. We talk a few minutes about their rehearsal. I tell them, they rocked it and will do great at the finale.

"Where's Vic by the way?" Thomas asks the other two.

"Probably still looking in the mirror. She told us to go on ahead and she'll follow in a few minutes." Damiano explains.

I scoff unwillingly and cover it up with a cough.

"I think I'm going to get a drink." I announce.

I still feel slightly nervous and know that a drink will ease things up. At the bar I have to wait a few minutes because it's crowded. Eventually I'm at the counter, looking an impatient man in  the eyes.

I'm in the mood for something Italian, today.

"One Campari, please-"

"Two!"

My heart makes a jump, I turn to my right where a girl appeared close to me, our bodies almost touch.

"Hey, you!" I smile brightly at Victoria.

She looks excellent in a white undershirt she cut until under her breast with leather pants and a leather jacket. Vic smiles back and leans in for a hug.

"I of course couldn't let the opportunity slip to see my little Marlena again... Who now is an international supermodel, by the way." she tells me in awe.

I laugh.

"Well, lucky you then!" I say playfully.

She just smiles crookedly at me, probably admiring my confidence. When we first met I was this well-behaved, almost shy girl. I made a big development after my exchange year in Italy.

"That'll be 7 euros each."

"We're together." Victoria tells the bar keeper with her credit card in one hand.

She pays for the both of us and I lead her to where the guys sit. They provocatively clap their hands at Vic. She greets every body and then takes a seat beside me in the narrow couch.

We toast and join the guys's conversation.

"Now please Marlena, do us the honour and tell us how you know Vic and Thomas. They don't wanna tell us." Ethan leans back in his seat dramatically.

I look at Vic who empties her second drink (for which I paid) and peers over at me too.

"You know guys, I have no problem with telling that story!" I say and put my Glas down loudly on the table.

"Ooopsie!" I giggle.

They laugh at me already being tipsy.

"Alright, hear me out! It's 2015 and the half Brit, half Italian Marlena Rossi comes to Rome for an exchange."

I check if everyone's listening and then continue.

"I get seated beside Thomas Raggi a thin little dude with ugly hair, looks much better now Tommy-"