ROTTERDAM AHOY

liked by jamesnewman and 347

liked by jamesnewman and 347.912 others

marlenarrr 👀

comments disabled

...

It's 7 am, I'm awake since 6 already, just reading. It doesn't feel like I'm well rested, probably because of the crying late last night.

My dumb ass of course had to listen to their whole album "Il ballo della vita" and realise most of the songs contain my name.

At 8 I have to meet up with Nikkie. My test result is negative which means I will get instructions as fast as possible. The show is in two days.

In the mirror I see a person with pale skin and deep circles around their eyes. Unwillingly my mouth escapes a laugh because I realise it's ridiculous to cry over that shit. I feel pathetic.

I wash my face and place hydration pads under my eyes. After half an hour I look like an actual human being again. I put on a pair of skater jeans, a crop top and a loose jacket over that.

I grab a banana from the buffet at the hotel and then leave to Rotterdam Ahoy.

Nikkie already waits for me.

"Marlena!"

"Nikkie!" my expression switches from emotionless to a bright smile in less than a second.

Sometimes you have to fake it till you make it.

We hug before making our way backstage. She shows me my wardrobe but we move on quickly because there is not enough time.

"You'll try on the outfits later, I want to show you the stage now because the first artists rehearse at 8.30."

"Yes sure."

Everything moves so quick. We pass by many people, mostly workers at Rotterdam Ahoy, greeting everyone kindly. Finally we make it to the stage.

"This is where the magic happens." Nikkie announces with a mysterious voice.

I follow her on stage, the floor is black and shines like it has never seen dust before. I look up to the ceiling, it is higher than it must look from outside. There are a bunch of headlights hidden from the audience.

Exactly in that second a few lights go on and I have to turn away. After my eyes relax again from the bright light I look around on the stage. There is a podium with a set of drums in the middle of it.

I realise the stage is gigantic and dare to step further forward.

"Holy shit, Nikkie!" I exclaim not believing the size of the huge stage.

"You know I've been to several fashion shows but this arena is something else." I say also considering the section where guests will take place.

"Pretty brilliant, huh?" Nikkie states proudly.